Events and Fundraising Coordinator
ABOUT LITTLE DREAMERS
Little Dreamers is working to improve the quality of life for Young Carers and Special Siblings across the country. Our vision? To ensure that every single Young Carer around the world is supported by someone or something by 2030.
We are Australia’s leading Young Carer organisation, supporting young people between 4 – 25 years across six support programs. Over the past 10 years, Little Dreamers has become a game changing force in the Young Carer space, developing internationally recognised best practice programs, advocating for legislation change and changing the lives of thousands of Young Carers around Australia. Whatever the support service, a common thread runs through everything we do – that young people should have access to the childhood that everyone deserves. Every Little Dreamers program works towards supporting Young Carers outside of their caring role, ensuring that these young people, have the same access to opportunities that their non-caring peers have.
With rapid growth, Little Dreamers is looking for an Events and Fundraising Coordinator to join our Marketing and Events Dream team!
Are you passionate about creating lasting social change and forming alliances with some pretty cool industry leaders? Fancy yourself a connector within the community? Love working on events and coming up with innovative fundraising ideas? This is the job for you!
As Events and Fundraising Coordinator, you will be building relationships with corporates, leading events from beginning right through to the end and supporting with the development and running of fundraising events, and coming up with some new and innovative ideas to support Young Carers around Australia. You’ll get to know some pretty cool people, gain lots of new experiences and ultimately, change the world.
This is your opportunity to build a career changing social attitudes, connecting with Young Carers, and supporting other organisations to become more inclusive. If you’re committed to championing Young Carers, increasing community awareness and have some experience in communications and relationship development, then you’ll fit right in.
- Manage an organisation-wide events calendar across each financial year
- Coordinate with partners and manage logistics for a wide range of events – community, family friendly and major fundraisers
- Work closely with the National Marketing and Events Manager to support the marketing of each event on the calendar
- Coordinate ticket purchases and bookings for events
- Lead events on the day of including managing volunteers, contractors and suppliers
- Manage event budgets including working towards income targets across the events portfolio
Development of partnerships:
- Research potential partners and use initiatives to make contact
- Development of partnerships to assist in referrals of both Young Carers and volunteers
- Meet with organisations and individuals to build relationships
- Explore mutually beneficial partnership options, thinking outside the box
- Support the organisation to work towards exciting fundraising targets
- Maintain regular contact with partners
Support fundraising initiatives:
- Further develop Little Dreamers’ approach to fundraising and remain up to date with funding and philanthropy trends and challenges
- Identify projects that are relevant to the interests of funding and philanthropy bodies
- Coordinate and develop the submission of funding and grant applications in conjunction with other Little Dreamers staff
- Maintain a database of submission dates and key deadlines for various funding sources and coordinate any associated actions
- Management of events, fundraising initiatives and partnerships through proficient use of Salesforce CRM
- Utilise Asana as a Project Management tool
- Invoicing and budget management using Xero
Other duties as required by the National Marketing and Events Manager.
Key Selection Criteria
The person suited to this role must have:
Skills and abilities:
- Excellent verbal organisation and communication skills
- Excellent written communication
- Ability to be flexible and prioritise multiple competing tasks on a daily basis
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to connect with, and empower others
- Ability to adapt and think fast in high pressure environments
- Demonstrated ability to be creative and take initiative, making this job your own
- Experience in organising and executing events (fundraising events are a bonus)
- Experience working with or managing fundraising campaigns
- Experience in developing and managing relationships with key stakeholders
- Experience working in a fast-paced team in a high growth environment
- Detailed understanding of the Carer and Young Carer space
- Proficient in using Salesforce, Asana and Xero preferred
- Humble, hungry and kind
- Friendly, outgoing and approachable
- Outstanding networking skills
- A strong commitment and enthusiasm towards the purpose and mission of Little Dreamers
- Energetic, positive and proactive attitude
- Action-oriented and driven to achieve results
- Flexible and highly responsive
- Dependable and accountable
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
A national police check and a Working with Children Check is required for this position.
When you join the Little Dreamers Team, you join a community of people committed to making a difference. We come together with shared values, passion and a collaborative culture. We are a rapidly growing organisation with access to lots of development opportunities. We operate within a leadership structure that accepts and embraces everyone’s ideas and hard work to create the world that we want to see for Young Carers.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- CV with cover letter including your responses to the Key Selection Criteria
- Two referees
- A short 60 second – 2-minute video sharing with us who you are and what you would bring to this role (filmed on your phone or computer is fine)
If you have any questions about the role, please email email@example.com.
Applications will only be considered if they include all required components. Applications close June 30. Shortlisted applicants will then be contacted for an interview. Applicants who are not selected for interview will be notified by email.
This is a part-time position classified as a Social and Community Services employee under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (MA000100). We require a 12-month minimum commitment to the role however as this is an incredible opportunity we hope that you will stay beyond this timeframe and continue to grow with Little Dreamers.