Executive Assistant to CEO
Hello! We’re Little Dreamers, Australia’s leading non-profit organisation working with Young Carers around the country.
A Young Carer is anyone under the age of 25 who currently provides, or intends to provide, care in their family for a parent or sibling who has a chronic illness, mental illness, disability or addiction.
Founded in 2009 by a Young Carer, we love building and delivering high quality programs that create deep and meaningful impact in the lives of young people providing care in their families. And we’re pretty good at it too. To date, we have supported over 5,000 Young Carers, we deliver eight core programs alongside ad hoc supports, advocacy and community awareness campaigns. We have strong corporate partnership and funding relationships and have raised over $5 million to improve the quality of life for Young Carers around Australia. We have even received recognition from Queen Elizabeth II and have been named as an internationally best practice organisation for Young Carer support.
Our team is made up of 50 incredible humans working across VIC, NSW, QLD and SA. We are humble, hungry and kind and work hard to reach our goals. We believe in a world where every single Young Carer is supported by someone or something by 2030. Sounds fun right?!
By joining the Dream Team, you will play an integral part in supporting young people who often miss out on having a childhood.
We are currently on the hunt for a motivated, enthusiastic and passionate Executive Assistant to join the team, working closely with our CEO and Senior Leadership Team.
In this varied and fast-paced role, you will support our Founder and CEO by prioritising and anticipating needs, thinking critically, and problem solving to ensure they operate effectively. This will include email and calendar management, acting as a person of contact for all internal and external enquiries, setting up local systems and providing office support, coordination of staff and strategic planning meetings, coordination of mail outs and more.
The ideal candidate for this role is organised, efficient and has strong attention to detail with an excellent ability to multitask.
This is the first Executive Assistant role in the organisation and with that comes the exciting opportunity to make this role your own, setting the organisation up for future success and growth.
- Provide support and assistance to our Founder and CEO
- Calendar management and internal and external meeting coordination including organising any briefs, agendas, papers, minutes and action summaries
- Manage incoming and outgoing communication, assisting the CEO to maintain timely and effective internal and external communications
- Problem solve – work independently to resolve various issues
- Manage the logistics for team workshops and social events
- Manage incoming calls and enquiries, proactively determining significance and managing distribution
- Oversee the day-to-day activities for the Little Dreamers offices (three offices + a couple of remote staff) including placing and managing office orders, coordinating mail outs, liaising with IT support and other ad hoc requests as required
- Oversee special projects as required by the CEO
Other duties as required by the CEO.
Key Selection Criteria
The person suited to this role must have:
- Experience in an administration or executive assistant position, bonus if your experience has been at a not for profit organisation
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong problem solving skills with great attention to detail
- Demonstrated passion for working with Young Carers
A national police check and valid Working with Children Check is required for this position.
Each day that you come to work you are changing a life. The more that Little Dreamers grows, the more impact we have and you’re a key part of that. We think that’s a pretty top perk, but we don’t stop there…
Little Dreamers is a growing not-for-profit organisation with start-up vibes. What does this mean in practice? If you have an idea you want to pitch that positively impacts Young Carers or our team that supports them, let’s make it happen. We’re all ears! You also get access to salary packaging (more tax-free income in your pocket? What’s better than that!) and our Melbourne office is dog friendly, so hello unlimited cuddles and puppy hangs with our Chief Barketing Officer, Daisy.
Finally, we care as much about you as we do about our Young Carers. The Little Dreamers team is a family and we offer flexible working and regular team bonding events.
Please email your application to email@example.com and include the following:
- CV with cover letter including your responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
- Two referees.
- A short 60 second – 2-minute video sharing with us who you are and what you would bring to this role (filmed on your phone or computer is fine).
- If you have any questions about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications will only be considered if they include all required components.
Shortlisted applicants will then be contacted for an interview. Applicants who are not selected for an interview will be notified by email.
This is a 4 day per week position (30.4 hours). This position is classified as a Level 3 employee under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Industry Award 2020.
Please note: It is an offence under the Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 2005 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for this position. Any offer of employment at Little Dreamers is subject to a Working with Children Check and Police Check.