Little Dreamers is working towards an equal world for Young Carers, delivering programs aiming to improve quality of life. With an estimated 1 in 10 children in Australia giving up their childhood to provide unpaid care to a family member, Little Dreamers delivers empowering and proactive support programs to reduce the risk factors that they face and increase their life opportunities.
All Little Dreamers programs have been developed by Young Carers, for Young Carers targeting each of the five main risk factors that these young people face – social isolation, poor mental health, unemployment, financial and educational disadvantage. Running for 11 years, Little Dreamers supports thousands of Young Carers each year through direct support programs including Dream Experiences; holiday programs; mentoring and tutoring; in-school education and training; The Dreamers Hub; peer support; and the Big Dreamers Personal Development Program.
Within the wider community we also focus on advocacy for policy change, for more support and recognition for Young Carers whilst also raising awareness of the prevalence of Young Carers and how the community, the education system, friends and family can rally around for increased support.
Our team is made up of incredible humans working across VIC, NSW, and QLD. We are humble, hungry and kind and work hard to reach our goals. We believe in a world where every single Young Carer is supported by someone or something by 2030. Sounds fun right?!
By joining the Dream Team, you will play an integral part in supporting young people who often miss out on having a childhood.
The Facilitator Lead role is responsible for leading, training and coordinating all Little Dreamers casual Program Facilitators. You will lead the end-to-end management of Facilitators, including training, recruitment, rostering, operational management and quality of service delivery assessment. You will also be required to support facilitation at programs when required, along with participating in national community engagement.
You’ll work under general supervision, need to be able to manage your time effectively, prioritise tasks and deliver to contracted impact targets and timelines. You will support the Operations Director to set outcomes and develop new program processes and guidelines.
As Facilitator Lead you will coordinate and administer all aspects of the program facilitation, including but not limited to the following deliverables:
- Recruitment and onboarding of all Program Facilitators including the assessment and ongoing improvement of casual employment onboarding processes;
- Development and delivery of facilitation onboarding and training sessions nationally, both in-person and online;
- Facilitation of programs, if required, including running interactive activities, and providing information and support;
- Rostering and coordination of national Facilitators delivering Little Dreamers projects and services;
- Implement effective methods to provide ongoing support and engagement opportunities for casual employees at Little Dreamers;
- Development, implementation, review and improvement of processes, resources, training materials and supporting documentation to deliver outcomes and maintain standards in accordance with the required KPIs;
- Alongside the Program Leads, assist in management of all risks associated with program delivery including risk assessments, pre- and post-program briefs and debriefs, and program safety and first aid;
- Work closely with the Program Leads to deliver meaningfully training opportunities and support program delivery in line with organisational objectives and funding requirements;
- Work closely with the People and Culture Manager to ensure true alignment in casual employee experience;
- Capture and monitor program data and expenditure (as appropriate) including attendance, impact, quality of delivery and activity records, as well as streamlining data capture processes;
- Prepare monthly data reports for quality of service delivery, monitoring and evaluation, and funding submissions and acquittals;
- Where appropriate (and applicable) and with care and consideration for your own emotional safety as well as that of the team, engage your own lived experience to provide perspective, lend strength and/or pose constructive challenge to discussion;
- Work in partnership with Lived Experience Lead to embed the voice of Young Carers in program delivery; and
- Work collaboratively and support the successful delivery of the Little Dreamers programs in line with organisational and funding requirements, and strategic goals.
Relationship Building and Partnerships for Program Design and Delivery
- Attendance, engagement and assistance with various Little Dreamers programs and events, such as expos, Young Carer festivals, School Holiday and Big Dreamer programs;
- Identify opportunities for collaboration and partnerships; and
- Represent Little Dreamers in the community.
Other duties as required by the Operations Director.
All staff attending face-to-face programs and events organised and facilitated by Little Dreamers are required to be up to date with their COVID-19 vaccinations.
As our programs usually operate outside of usual school hours, your ability to work outside of these hours too is essential to your success in this role. Our programs sometimes run on weekends or on the evenings, during school holidays and occasionally during the day.
Key Selection Criteria
The person suited to this role must have:
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating and delivering interactive programs for young people
- 2+ years experience working in a similar role, delivering programs or an education background
- A high level of initiative and confidence in working autonomously
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks and manage time efficiently
- Technical savviness – a great deal of this role will be managing casual facilitators remotely
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work as part of a team and autonomously
- A can-do, adaptable, resilient, positive and proactive attitude and approach
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to build relationships from the ground up and network effectively within the community
- An ability to foster and maintain a positive and optimistic outlook, sharing any relevant lived experience where appropriate to develop trust and rapport
- High levels of awareness and empathy, allowing for effective work with groups of vulnerable young people
- Ability to coordinate administration and logistics in a time pressured environment
- Goal focused with a keen desire to improve the quality of life for Young Carers
- Ability to attend overnight retreats and attending weekend programs as required
We’ll be stoked if you also have this experience or knowledge:
- Lived experience as a Young Carer
- Understanding of the Carer and Young Carer space
- Understanding of the community sector and the nuances of working in non-profit
- Previous experience in recruitment and/or scheduling
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
- Humble, hungry and kind
- Friendly, outgoing and approachable
- A strong commitment and enthusiasm towards the purpose and mission of Little Dreamers
- Energetic, positive and proactive attitude
- Action-oriented and driven to achieve results
- Flexible and highly responsive
- Dependable and accountable
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
A national police check and valid Working with Children Check is required for this position.
When you join the Little Dreamers Team, you join a community of people committed to making a difference. We come together with shared values, passion and a collaborative culture. We are a rapidly growing organisation with access to a lot of development opportunities. We operate within a leadership structure that accepts and embraces everyone’s ideas and hard work to create the world that we want to see for Young Carers.
You also get access to salary sacrifice packaging, internal EAP program, up to 10 days of additional paid carers leave, and generous parental leave packages.
Finally, we care as much about you as we do about our Young Carers. The Little Dreamers team is a family and we offer flexible working and regular team bonding events.
Little Dreamers is proud to be building our communities across Australia. We are an equal opportunity employer and promote a diverse, equal, and inclusive workplace.
We highly encourage applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. This includes but is not limited to, people with lived experience in caring roles, First Nations, people from a culturally and linguistically diverse background, people with disabilities and members of the LGBTQIA+ community.
Get your Resume and Cover Letter ready and show us how your skills and experiences make you the perfect person to fill this position. None of this “To whom it may concern” stuff, show us what you’ve got!
Email your application (resume and cover letter) to email@example.com with the subject line: Facilitator Lead.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified and we’ll begin the interview process which may consist of a phone chat, a quick video submission from you and then probably some more traditional interviews (they’ll be fun, don’t you worry).
This is a part time position (22.8 – 30.4 hours per week) and classified as a Level 4.1 under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Award.
Please note: It is an offence under the Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 2005 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for this position. Any offer of employment at Little Dreamers is subject to a Working with Children Check and Police Check.