Program Coordinator (QLD)
ABOUT LITTLE DREAMERS
Little Dreamers is Australia’s leading Young Carer organisation, working with young people who provide unpaid care for a family member with a disability, illness or addiction across a range of direct support programs.
Over the past 11 years, we’ve become a game changing force in the Young Carer space, developing
internationally recognised best practice programs and changing the lives of over 5,000 Young Carers around the country.
Our staff across Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland are working towards our vision of creating a world in which every single Young Carer is supported by someone or something by 2030.
Whatever the support service, a common thread runs through everything we do – that young people should have access to the childhood that everyone deserves. Every Little Dreamers program works towards supporting Young Carers outside of their caring role, ensuring that these young people have the same access to opportunities that their non-caring peers have.
Little Dreamers expanded its operations to QLD in early 2020, and we are now looking to grow the Queensland-based team with the addition of a Program Coordinator.
This role will identify program opportunities and lead key programs including the School Holiday Program, Big Dreamers Personal Development Program and Mentoring. Working from the ground up, alongside the QLD State Manager, this role includes developing processes and systems to efficiently run the programs, coordinating budgets and working with volunteers, families and Young Carers involved.
Reporting through to the State Manager (QLD), this role requires creativity, initiative and an ‘out-of-the-box’ attitude to solving complex problems. You will have autonomy to affect change within the organisation with lots of room to grow within the role.
Administration and support across all programs:
- Supporting allocated families on the database, including processing new families, issuing
welcome packs and updating family information as required
- Regularly communicate with allocated Little Dreamers families
- Assist in building community connections, resources for referrals and referral partnerships
- Administration and support for the State Manager as required
- Disseminating useful information and resources to families
- Coordination and delivery of quarterly School Holiday Programs across QLD
- Coordination of Big Dreamers programs, mentoring programs and other new program initiatives
- Working closely with People and Culture Manager to support volunteers for the programs
- Development of relationships with Holiday Program attendees to engage Young Carers in other
Little Dreamers programs
- Work with the Marketing & Events team to promote programs to meet participation and
- Ongoing impact measurement and financial management
Carer Gateway Services:
- Assist families in the referral and registration process to the Carer Gateway services
- Work with families to assess needs and coordinate enrolment into Carer Gateway programs
- Liaise with relevant Carer Gateway Support Workers to ensure highest level of service delivery
- Assist in the coordination of casual program staff and volunteers as required, including placement
Community Outreach & Engagement:
- Working with Education Program Manager to conduct outreach to schools, local councils,
hospitals, organisations and community groups to identify and engage Young Carers in services
- Identify opportunities for collaboration and partnerships
- Represent Little Dreamers in the community
- Supporting parents and educators to understand Young Carers including who they are, how to
identify a Young Carer and what to do next
- State Manager (QLD)
- Casual Facilitators
- Programs Team
- National Marketing and Events Manager
- Graphic Designer
- People and Culture Manager
- Education Program Manager
- Interstate Programs Team
- Young Carers and their families
- Community partners
- Organisational partners
Key Selection Criteria
Skills and abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal organisation and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to connect with and empower young people
- Strong ambition to take on a prominent role in the growth of Little Dreamers as an organisation
- Passion and commitment to addressing Young Carer issues and advocating for young people
- Experience in working in a team in a fast changing environment
- An enthusiastic approach to administrative tasks
- Ability to be flexible and prioritise multiple competing tasks on a daily basis
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A strong belief in social change and evidence of positive leadership behaviour
- An interest in elevating efforts to create awareness about Young Carers and their needs
- Demonstrated ability to be creative and take initiative, making the job your own
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with young people and delivering programs
- Experience delivering engaging and interactive workshops for young people
- Must have a detailed understanding of the carer and Young Carer space
- Understanding of the community sector and the nuances of working in non-profit
- Humble, hungry and kind
- A strong commitment and enthusiasm towards the purpose and mission of Little Dreamers
- Energetic, positive and proactive attitude
- Action-oriented and driven to achieve results
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships of trust with Little Dreamers team, corporate partners
- Flexible and highly responsive
- Dependability and accountability
Education and training:
- Degree in any of the following is preferable but not required: social work, welfare, community
development, youth work or related field
- Hold a First Aid certificate or willingness to obtain
When you join the Little Dreamers Team, you join a community of people committed to making a difference. We come together with shared values, passion and a collaborative culture. We are currently a small team that is growing rapidly with access to development opportunities. We operate within a leadership structure that accepts and embraces everyone’s ideas and hard work to create the world that we want to see for Young Carers.
Little Dreamers also offers salary sacrifice, competitive remuneration and flexible working opportunities.
Please email your application to Stephanie at careers@littledreamersonline.
- CV with cover letter including your responses to the Person Specification
- Two referees
- A short 60 second – 2-minute video sharing with us who you are and what you would bring to this role (filmed on your phone or computer is fine)
If you have any questions about the role please email careers@littledreamersonline.
Applications will only be considered if they include all required components.
Applications will be assessed as they are submitted, with starting date ASAP. Shortlisted applicants will then be contacted for an interview. Applicants who are not selected for interview will be notified by email.
This is a part-time position classified as a Social and Community Services employee under the
Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (MA000100) Level 2.3.
We offer a full time salary above the award with a salary at $58,410 ($46,728 Pro Rata) . We require a 12-month commitment to the role however as this is an incredible opportunity we hope that you
will stay beyond this timeframe and continue to grow with Little Dreamers.
Please note: It is an offence under the Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 2005 for a
person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for this position. Any offer of employment at
Little Dreamers is subject to a Working with Children Check and Police Check.