Family Support Worker – Regional Support
ABOUT LITTLE DREAMERS
Little Dreamers is working to improve the quality of life for Young Carers and Special Siblings across the country. Our vision? To ensure that every single Young Carer around the world is supported by someone or something by 2030.
We are Australia’s leading Young Carer organisation, supporting young people between 4 – 25 years across six support programs. Over the past 10 years, Little Dreamers has become a game changing force in the Young Carer space, developing internationally recognised best practice programs, advocating for legislation change and changing the lives of thousands of Young Carers around Australia. Whatever the support service, a common thread runs through everything we do – that young people should have access to the childhood that everyone deserves. Every Little Dreamers program works towards supporting Young Carers outside of their caring role, ensuring that these young people, have the same access to opportunities that their non-caring peers have.
With rapid growth, Little Dreamers is looking to expand our Dream Team and for our newest addition we are specifically looking for a Family Support Worker to work on engaging and growing our Regional and Rural network. Working across community, families and delivery of programs, the Family Support Worker is responsible for managing a case load, delivering supports, conducting outreach to community organisations and managing the development and delivery of allocated programs.
This role aims to focus on supporting families; working closely with high risk, high need families; developing community organisation partnerships and collaboration opportunities; and development and running the logistics of Little Dreamers programs. Reporting through to the State Manager (VIC), this role requires creativity, initiative and an ‘out-of-the-box’ attitude to solving complex problems. You will have autonomy to affect change within the organisation, developing programs from the ground up with lots of room to grow within the organisation.
Regional Service Delivery:When you join the Little Dreamers Team, you join a community of people committed to making a difference. We come together with shared values, passion and a collaborative culture. We are a rapidly growing organisation with access to lots of development opportunities. We operate within a leadership structure that accepts and embraces everyone’s ideas and hard work to create the world that we want to see for Young Carers.When you join the Little Dreamers Team, you join a community of people committed to making a difference. We come together with shared values, passion and a collaborative culture. We are a rapidly growing organisation with access to lots of development opportunities. We operate within a leadership structure that accepts and embraces everyone’s ideas and hard work to create the world that we want to see for Young Carers.
- Provide case management services for Young Carers and their families as required including regular contact and face to face visits where possible
- Manage and maintain a case load of Young Carers
- Undertake intake and assessments of Young Carers and their families with complex needs to develop a clear understanding of the support that they need
- Communicate all relevant information to others as required, uploading all case notes to Salesforce
- Keep informed of relevant legislative and policy documents
- Ensure all services are delivered to a high quality, maintain compliance to relevant policies and procedures as required
- Participate in the continued evaluation and refining of Little Dreamers’ programs
Program Management and Development:
- Annual planning of allocated programs
- Engage and recruit participants into relevant programs, primarily Big Dreamers, Mentoring and Holiday Programs
- Manage and grow allocated programs, consistent with Little Dreamers strategic and operational objectives
- In conjunction with National Marketing and Events Manager, ensure marketing plans and collateral are implemented for programs
- Provide exceptional customer service and maintain effective relationships with all program participants and stakeholders (Young Carers, family members, referrers, funding agencies etc.)
- Ensure the implementation of risk management strategies for each program activity
- Ensure that accurate program records and data are gathered to support Little Dreamers’ impact measurement, evaluation and evidence-based research requirements
- Provide accurate reporting on program activity for allocated programs to meet internal and external requirements
- Track and manage program delivery within budget guidelines
- Contribute to funding proposals by providing required information in specified timelines
- Undertake other reasonable duties as required consistent with aims and objectives of services being delivered
- Personally live out and communicate the organisation’s values and act and present in a way that is consistent with the Little Dreamers’ values
- Train and lead volunteers assigned to allocated programs Sector Involvement • Develop sector partnerships to raise awareness for Little Dreamers services across VIC
- Work closely with National Marketing and Events Manager to share opportunities and impact, and raise awareness for Young Carers and Little Dreamers within VIC
- Other duties as required by State Manager (VIC)
Key Selection Criteria
The person suited to this role must have:
Skills and abilities
- Ability to coordinate administration, logistics and other projects in a time pressured environment
- Ability to read and understand financial information and work to a budget
- Demonstrated drive to implement best practice solutions and program development to achieve benchmarks and milestones
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks and manage time efficiently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding leadership and relationship-building skills, with the ability to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders and bring others on board with the Little Dreamers vision
- A high capacity of responding to and resolving complex issues and problems quickly and with limited resources
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with young people, delivering programs and providing case management
- Experience delivery engaging and interactive workshops for young people
- Must have a detailed understanding of the carer and Young Carer space
- Understanding of the community sector and the nuances of working in non-profit
- Humble, hungry and kind
- A strong commitment and enthusiasm towards the purpose and mission of Little Dreamers
- Energetic, positive and proactive attitude
- Action-oriented and driven to achieve results
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships of trust with Little Dreamers team, corporate partners and donors
- Innovative, creative and act with initiative and flair
- Flexible and highly responsive
- Dependability and accountability
Education and training
- Degree in any of the following is preferable but not required: social work, welfare, community development, youth work, or related field
When you join the Little Dreamers Team, you join a community of people committed to making a difference. We come together with shared values, passion and a collaborative culture. We are a rapidly growing organisation with access to lots of development opportunities. We operate within a leadership structure that accepts and embraces everyone’s ideas and hard work to create the world that we want to see for Young Carers.
Please email your application to Stephanie at careers@littledreamersonline.
- CV with cover letter including your responses to the Person Specification
- Two referees
- A short 60 second – 2-minute video sharing with us who you are and what you would bring to this role (filmed on your phone or computer is fine)
If you have any questions about the role please email careers@littledreamersonline.
Applications close 28 February. Shortlisted applicants will then be contacted for an interview. Applicants who are not selected for interview will be notified by email.
This is a full-time position classified as a Social and Community Services employee under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (MA000100). We require a 12-month commitment to the role however as this is an incredible opportunity we hope that you will stay beyond this timeframe and continue to grow with Little Dreamers.
Please note: It is an offence under the Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 2005 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for this position. Any offer of employment at Little Dreamers is subject to a Working with Children Check and Police Check.