Family Support Worker
ABOUT LITTLE DREAMERS
Little Dreamers is working to improve the quality of life for Young Carers and Special Siblings across the country.
Our vision? To ensure that every single Young Carer around the world is supported by someone or something by 2030.
We are Australia’s leading Young Carer organisation, supporting young people between 4 – 25 years across six support programs. Over the past 10 years, Little Dreamers has become a game changing force in the Young Carer space, developing internationally recognised best practice programs, advocating for legislation change and changing the lives of thousands of Young Carers around Australia.
Whatever the support service, a common thread runs through everything we do – that young people should have access to the childhood that everyone deserves. Every Little Dreamers program works towards supporting Young Carers outside of their caring role, ensuring that these young people, have the same access to opportunities that their non-caring peers have.
With rapid growth, Little Dreamers is looking to expand our Dream Team and for our newest addition we are specifically looking for a Family Support Worker to work in our Melbourne HQ office.
Working across community, families and delivery of programs, the Family Support Worker is responsible for managing a case load, delivering supports, conducting outreach to community organisations and managing the development and delivery of allocated programs.
This role aims to focus on supporting families; working closely with high risk, high need families; developing community organisation partnerships and collaboration opportunities; and development and running the logistics of Little Dreamers programs.
Reporting through to the State Manager (VIC), this role requires creativity, initiative and an ‘out-of-the-box’ attitude to solving complex problems. You will have autonomy to affect change within the organisation, developing programs from the ground up with lots of room to grow within the organisation.
There are two Family Support Worker roles currently available.
Read more about the role here.
Key Selection Criteria
The person suited to this role must have:
Skills and abilities
- Ability to coordinate administration, logistics and other projects in a time pressured environment
- Ability to read and understand financial information and work to a budget
- Demonstrated drive to implement best practice solutions and program development to achieve benchmarks and milestones
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks and manage time efficiently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding leadership and relationship-building skills, with the ability to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders and bring others on board with the Little Dreamers vision
- A high capacity of responding to and resolving complex issues and problems quickly and with limited resources
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with young people, delivering programs and providing case management
- Experience delivery engaging and interactive workshops for young people
- Must have a detailed understanding of the carer and Young Carer space
- Understanding of the community sector and the nuances of working in non-profit
- Humble, hungry and kind
- A strong commitment and enthusiasm towards the purpose and mission of Little Dreamers
- Energetic, positive and proactive attitude
- Action-oriented and driven to achieve results
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships of trust with Little Dreamers team, corporate partners and donors
- Innovative, creative and act with initiative and flair
- Flexible and highly responsive
- Dependability and accountability
Education and training
Degree in any of the following: social work, welfare, community development, youth work, or related field
When you join the Little Dreamers Team, you join a community of people committed to making a difference. We come together with shared values, passion and a collaborative culture. We are a rapidly growing organisation with access to lots of development opportunities. We operate within a leadership structure that accepts and embraces everyone’s ideas and hard work to create the world that we want to see for Young Carers.
Please email your application to email@example.com, using the subject line: Family Support Worker application via EthicalJobs, and include the following:
- CV with cover letter including your responses to the Person Specification
- Two referees
- A short 60 second – 2-minute video sharing with us who you are and what you would bring to this role (filmed on your phone or computer is fine)
If you have any questions about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will only be considered if they include all required components.
Applications close 20th November. Shortlisted applicants will then be contacted for an interview. Applicants who are not selected for interview will be notified by email.
This is a full-time position classified as a Social and Community Services employee under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (MA000100). We require a 12-month commitment to the role however as this is an incredible opportunity we hope that you will stay beyond this timeframe and continue to grow with Little Dreamers.
Please note: It is an offence under the Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 2005 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for this position. Any offer of employment at Little Dreamers is subject to a Working with Children Check and Police Check.