ABOUT LITTLE DREAMERS
Hello! We’re Little Dreamers, Australia’s leading Young Carer organisation. We support young people aged four to 25 who provide care for a family member affected by disability, chronic or mental illness, substance use, or frail age.
Across a range of direct support programs, both in-person and online, we’re improving the quality of life of Young Carers across five key areas: education, employment, mental and physical health, socialisation, and financial wellbeing.
Our vision is a world in which every Young Carer is supported by someone or something by 2030.
Little Dreamers is growing rapidly and we’re seeking a Fundraising Coordinator to specifically focus on applying for grants that support our programs.
Reporting to the Marketing, Fundraising and Partnerships Manager, the Grants Coordinator will monitor for upcoming grants and opportunities, write applications for grants worth up to $50,000, create new connections in the space, and identify opportunities in fundraising.
This Fundraising Coordinator role is an exciting opportunity with a multi-tasking focus operating in a fast-moving team environment, supported within and by our Marketing and Events team.
This is your chance to make a tangible difference in the lives of Young Carers.
Grant Writing and Coordination
- Manage the identificaiton of grant opportunities
- Build partnerships and maintain relationships with relevant Government Departments, Philanthropic Trusts and Foundations and local councils for fundraising
- Develop and implement, in consultation with the National Marketing and Fundraising Manager and CEO, an effective targeting, cultivation and engagement strategy, to guide, streamline and maximise support from State and Federal Governments, local councils, and both state specific and national Trusts and Foundations
- Work with the Programs Teams to identify, select and appropriately package programs requiring funding and track delivery status of selected programs on a regular basis
- Develop funding proposals, grant applications and tenders, presentations and impact reports
Communication and Team Work
- Develop strong team relationships, fostering positive relationships within Little Dreamers Australia
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure integrated and coordinated approaches to the needs of Young Carers
- Promote awareness of the needs of Young Carers including those from diverse cultural backgrounds, people who identify as being LGBTIQA+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people living in rural and remote areas, and develop culturally appropriate strategies to meet individual needs through funding applications and partnerships.
Administration and Documentation
- Ensure that grant activity and other appropriate information is documented in line with professional and legal standards
- Ensure timely and accurate management of grant and funding information and utilise Salesforce for the recording of information and to report outputs to meet funding agreements
Other duties as required by the Marketing, Fundraising and Partnerships Manager.
Key Selection Criteria
The person suited to this role must have:
Skills and Abilities
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field (e.g. Communications, Marketing, Journalism) OR Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, English, writing or similar field
- Excellent verbal organisation and communication skills
- Excellent written communication
- Ability to be flexible and prioritise multiple competing tasks on a daily basis
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to connect with, and empower others
- Ability to adapt and think fast in high pressure environments
- Demonstrated ability to be creative and take initiative, making this job your own
We’ll be stoked if you also have this experience or knowledge:
- Copywriting/content development
- Experience with the non profit space
- Experience working in a team in a fast-changing, high growth environment
- Experience in event planning or running
- Must have a detailed understanding of the carer and Young Carer space
- Must have some understanding of the grant writing process
- Humble, hungry and kind
- Friendly, outgoing and approachable
- Outstanding networking skills
- A strong commitment and enthusiasm towards the purpose and mission of Little Dreamers
- Energetic, positive and proactive attitude
- Action-oriented and driven to achieve results
- Flexible and highly responsive
- Dependable and accountable
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
A national police check and valid Working with Children Check is required for this position.
When you join the Little Dreamers Team, you join a community of people committed to making a difference. We come together with shared values, passion and a collaborative culture. We are a rapidly growing organisation with access to lots of development opportunities. We operate within a leadership structure that accepts and embraces everyone’s ideas and hard work to create the world that we want to see for Young Carers.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- CV with cover letter including your responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
- Two referees.
- A short 60 second – 2-minute video sharing with us who you are and what you would bring to this role (filmed on your phone or computer is fine).
- If you have any questions about the role, please email email@example.com.
- Applications will only be considered if they include all required components.
Shortlisted applicants will then be contacted for an interview. Applicants who are not selected for an interview will be notified by email.
This is a permanent part-time position classified as a Social and Community Services employee under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (MA000100).
Please note: It is an offence under the Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 2005 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for this position. Any offer of employment at Little Dreamers is subject to a Working with Children Check and Police Check.