ABOUT LITTLE DREAMERS
Little Dreamers is working to improve the quality of life for Young Carers and Special Siblings across the country. Our vision? To ensure that every single Young Carer around the world is supported by someone or something by 2030.
We are Australia’s leading Young Carer organisation, supporting young people between 4 – 25 years across six support programs. Over the past 10 years, Little Dreamers has become a game changing force in the Young Carer space, developing internationally recognised best practice programs, advocating for legislation change and changing the lives of thousands of Young Carers around Australia. Whatever the support service, a common thread runs through everything we do – that young people should have access to the childhood that everyone deserves. Every Little Dreamers program works towards supporting Young Carers outside of their caring role, ensuring that these young people, have the same access to opportunities that their non-caring peers have.
With rapid growth, Little Dreamers is looking to expand our Dream Team and for our newest addition we are specifically looking for a Fundraising Coordinator to join our Marketing and Events team. Are you passionate about creating lasting social change and forming alliances with some pretty cool industry leaders? Fancy yourself a bit of a grant writer? Love working on events and coming up with innovative fundraising ideas? This is the job for you!
As Fundraising Coordinator, you will be building relationships with corporates, writing grant applications, supporting with the developing and running of fundraising events, and coming up with some new and innovative fundraising ideas to support Young Carers around Australia. You’ll get to know some pretty cool people, gain lots of new experiences and ultimately, change the world. This is your opportunity to build a career changing social attitudes, connecting with Young Carers, and supporting other organisations to become more inclusive. If you’re committed to championing Young Carers, increasing community awareness and have some experience in communications and relationship development, then you’ll fit right in.
Development of partnerships:
- Research potential partners and use initiatives to make contact
- Development of partnerships to assist in referrals of both Young Carers and volunteers
- Meet with organisations and individuals to build relationships
- Explore mutually beneficial partnership options, thinking outside the box
- Support the organisation to work towards exciting fundraising targets
- Maintain regular contact with partners
Support fundraising initiatives:
- Further develop Little Dreamers’ approach to fundraising and grant submissions and remain up to date with funding and philanthropy trends and challenges
- Identify projects that are relevant to the interests of funding and philanthropy bodies
- Coordinate and develop the submission of funding and grant applications in conjunction with other Little Dreamers staff
- Maintain a database of submission dates and key deadlines for various funding sources and coordinate any associated actions
- Work closely with the National Marketing and Events Manager to coordinate the various Little Dreamers fundraising events throughout the year
- Develop relationships with corporates and key community contacts for prizes and auction items for events
- Deliver post-event reports
Other duties as required by the National Marketing and Events Manager.
Key Selection Criteria
The person suited to this role must have:
Skills and abilities:
- Excellent verbal organisation and communication skills
- Excellent written communication
- Ability to be flexible and prioritise multiple competing tasks on a daily basis
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to connect with, and empower others
- Ability to adapt and think fast in high pressure environments
- Demonstrated ability to be creative and take initiative, making this job your own
- Copywriting/content development
- At least one year of experience in a relationship building role
- Experience working in a team in a fast-changing, high growth environment
- Experience in event planning or running
- Must have a detailed understanding of the carer and Young Carer space
- Must have some understanding of the grant writing process
- Humble, hungry and kind
- Friendly, outgoing and approachable
- Outstanding networking skills
- A strong commitment and enthusiasm towards the purpose and mission of Little Dreamers
- Energetic, positive and proactive attitude
- Action-oriented and driven to achieve results
- Flexible and highly responsive
- Dependable and accountable
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
A national police check and a Working with Children Check is required for this position.
When you join the Little Dreamers Team, you join a community of people committed to making a difference. We come together with shared values, passion and a collaborative culture. We are a rapidly growing organisation with access to lots of development opportunities. We operate within a leadership structure that accepts and embraces everyone’s ideas and hard work to create the world that we want to see for Young Carers.
Please email your application to Stephanie at careers@littledreamersonline.
- CV with cover letter including your responses to the Person Specification
- Two referees
- A short 60 second – 2-minute video sharing with us who you are and what you would bring to this role (filmed on your phone or computer is fine)
If you have any questions about the role please email careers@littledreamersonline.
Applications close 28 February. Shortlisted applicants will then be contacted for an interview. Applicants who are not selected for interview will be notified by email.
This is a permanent part-time position classified as a Social and Community Services employee under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (MA000100). We require a 12-month commitment to the role however as this is an incredible opportunity we hope that you will stay beyond this timeframe and continue to grow with Little Dreamers.
Please note: It is an offence under the Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 2005 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for this position. Any offer of employment at Little Dreamers is subject to a Working with Children Check and Police Check.