ABOUT LITTLE DREAMERS
Little Dreamers is working to improve the quality of life for Young Carers and Special Siblings across the country. Our vision? To ensure that every single Young Carer around the world is supported by someone or something by 2030.
We are Australia’s leading Young Carer organisation, supporting young people between 4 – 25 years across six support programs. Over the past 11 years, Little Dreamers has become a game changing force in the Young Carer space, developing internationally recognised best practice programs, advocating for legislation change and changing the lives of thousands of Young Carers around Australia. Whatever the support service, a common thread runs through everything we do – that young people should have access to the childhood that everyone deserves. Every Little Dreamers program works towards supporting Young Carers outside of their caring role, ensuring that these young people, have the same access to opportunities that their non-caring peers have.
With rapid growth, Little Dreamers is looking to expand our Dream Team and for our newest addition we are specifically looking for a General Manager.
This role aims to focus on ensuring Little Dreamers continues to deliver high quality programs, improving the quality of life for Young Carers around the country. Reporting through to the CEO, this role requires attention to detail, an ‘out-of-the-box’ attitude and a detailed understanding of the carer and Young Carer space.
Little Dreamers is committed to building a workplace culture that champions diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people from all backgrounds to apply including LGBTIQ, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and individuals who have lived experience as a Carer or Young Carer.
This position will manage and support the day-to-day operations of Little Dreamers nationally, including:
- Overseeing our Programs team, ensuring consistency and quality in program delivery
- Managing our State Managers (VIC, NSW and QLD) and support workers to ensure compliance and consistency in the way we support families and Young Carers
- Providing guidance to direct reports on department budgets, ensuring strategic company goals are being achieved
- Developing and overseeing a risk management framework and processes relating to all program delivery and support work
- Working closely with the CEO to ensure strategic goals and KPIs are operationally implemented and that Little Dreamers remains compliant with any grant requirements
- Work closely with CEO on overall organisational structure, ensuring the right people are in the right roles at the right time for business success and future growth
- Managing direct reports, coaching and providing feedback on performance regularly and addressing any performance concerns in a timely manner
- Guiding direct reports on effectively managing their teams’ performance and behaviour in line with strategic business goals, objectives and overall LD behaviours and values
- Working closely with the People & Culture team on implementing all HR policies and procedures
- Managing all administrative requirements such as reporting, expenses, team leave management and schedules
Key Selection Criteria
The person suited to this role must have:
Skills and abilities:
- A solid understanding of service delivery and compliance (in the not for profit space is desirable)
- Significant experience delivering on strategic objectives
- Strong leadership capabilities – you don’t shy away from providing feedback and managing performance
- Experience driving operational plans
- Strong general management skills such as business planning, operations oversight, risk management and financial acumen
- Project management and organisational skills desired
- High learning agility with a creative problem solving lens
- Excellent communicator with all stakeholders, both verbally and written (i.e. when you speak, people stop to listen!)
- Experience managing remote teams (you keep all team members engaged especially over Zoom!)
- You are a natural intrapreneur (you get excited by growth and see challenges and space as opportunity)
We’ll be stoked if you also have this experience or knowledge:
- You’ve worked in a ‘for purpose’ company, not-for-profit or government organisation
- Ability to travel to our other non-Vic locations (when allowed to of course!)
- Understanding of the carer or Young Carer space
- Direct experience working with vulnerable young people
- Lived experience as a Young Carer!
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
- Humble, hungry and kind
- Friendly, outgoing and approachable
- Outstanding networking skills
- A strong commitment and enthusiasm towards the purpose and mission of Little Dreamers
- Energetic, positive and proactive attitude
- Action-oriented and driven to achieve results
- Flexible and highly responsive
- Dependable and accountable
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
A national police check is required for this position.
When you join the Little Dreamers Team, you join a community of people committed to making a difference. We come together with shared values, passion and a collaborative culture. We are a rapidly growing organisation with access to lots of development opportunities. We operate within a leadership structure that accepts and embraces everyone’s ideas and hard work to create the world that we want to see for Young Carers.
- CV with cover letter including your responses to the Key Selection Criteria
- Two referees
- A short 60 second – 2-minute video sharing with us who you are and what you would bring to this role (filmed on your phone or computer is fine)
Applications will only be considered if they include all required components. Applications close October 30. Shortlisted applicants will then be contacted for an interview. Applicants who are not selected for interview will be notified by email.
This is ideally a permanent full time position (38 hours) but we are open to candidates for 30.4 hours and above (0.8). This position is classified as a Social and Community Services employee under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (MA000100).
Please note: It is an offence under the Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 2005 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for this position. Any offer of employment at Little Dreamers is subject to a Working with Children Check and Police Check.