We’re Little Dreamers, Australia’s leading non-profit organisation working with Young Carers around the country.
A Young Carer is anyone under the age of 25 who currently provides, or intends to provide, care in their family for a parent or sibling who has a chronic illness, mental illness, disability, or addiction.
Founded in 2009 by a Young Carer, we love building and delivering high-quality programs that create a deep and meaningful impact in the lives of young people providing care in their families. And we’re pretty good at it too. To date, we have supported over 5,000 Young Carers, we deliver eight core programs alongside ad hoc supports, advocacy, and community awareness campaigns. We have strong corporate partnership and funding relationships and have raised over $3 million to improve the quality of life for Young Carers around Australia. We have even received recognition from Queen Elizabeth II and have been named as an international best practice organisation for Young Carer support.
Our team is made up of over 40 incredible humans working across VIC, NSW, QLD, and SA. We are humble, hungry, and kind and work hard to reach our goals. We believe in a world where every single Young Carer is supported by someone or something by 2030. Sounds fun right?!
By joining the Dream Team, you will play an integral part in supporting young people who often miss out on having a childhood.
A bit about the role:
As our Operations Coordinator, you will have the important task of ensuring that our growing team has access to the right systems, processes, and resources to ensure they have what they need to do their best work!
The Operations Coordinator role covers administrative, system, and technical duties. This role is varied and includes data entry and administrative tasks, overseeing office inventory, working with consultants to enhance our systems and processes, liaising with community partners to process Young Carer referrals, developing program related processes and forms, and providing training and support to the wider team as needed.
If you worked here this past month, here are some things you might have been involved in:
- Working closely with State Managers to design and implement the required online forms and processes that support the delivery of multiple holiday programs across each state
- Packing Peer Support resource packs and sending them out to Young Carers across Australia!
- Working with systems consultants to make our processes even more streamlined and comprehensive
- Working with managers and program staff across States to ensure volunteer hours were accurately accounted for, including generating the final Salesforce report and verifying the data with the CFO
- Championing our internal systems and providing training to new staff members to ensure they know how to use them well
- Doing research into the most effective tool to use to develop Community Engagement plans
- Working with the General Manager to ensure that the teams are well-supported and the operations are running smoothly
Key Selection Criteria
Let’s talk about you!
You have experience providing administrative and technical support to a team. Ideally, you have experience with Salesforce. You have strong administration and organisational skills, the ability to manage competing priorities and you genuinely enjoy working with others. You have excellent attention to detail, are quick to take action and demonstrate initiative, thinking critically when it comes to systems and processes.
- You appreciate a good balance between routine tasks and spontaneous requests
- You are an excellent communicator, particularly when it comes to explaining how things work
- You are a systems thinker who is always seeking to understand how all the parts fit together
- You’re in touch with your inner child – think professionalism and appropriate child safe conduct sprinkled with confetti and glitter
- You’re humble, hungry, and kind
- You DREAM BIG
- Feedback is your friend
Why you should work with us:
Each day that you come to work you are changing a life. The more that Little Dreamers grows, the more impact we have and you’re a key part of that. We think that’s a pretty top perk, but we don’t stop there…
Little Dreamers is a growing not-for-profit organisation with start-up vibes. What does this mean in practice? If you have an idea you want to pitch that positively impacts Young Carers or our team that supports them, let’s make it happen. We’re all ears! You also get access to salary packaging (more tax-free income in your pocket? What’s better than that!) and our Melbourne office is dog friendly, so hello unlimited cuddles and puppy hangs with our Chief Barketing Officer, Daisy.
Finally, we care as much about you as we do about our Young Carers. The Little Dreamers team is a family and we offer flexible working and regular team bonding events.
What’s the process from here?
Get your Resume and Cover Letter ready and show us how your skills and experiences make you the perfect person to fill this position. None of this “To whom it may concern” stuff, show us what you’ve got!
Email your application (resume and cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Operations Coordinator.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified and we’ll begin the interview process which may consist of a phone chat, a quick video submission from you and then probably some more traditional interviews (they’ll be fun, don’t you worry).
All of our salaries align with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Award. In practice, this means that all of our Job Ads will have a salary range and Award alignment and the rest depends on your experience. The OperationsCoordinator role aligns with SCHADS Award Level 2.
On top of the normal perks like annual leave, you will also have access to an additional 10 days of paid Carers Leave, generous parental leave, salary packaging, individual training and development budgets, and a whole bunch of other things. Oh, did we mention that there is always some kind of confetti in the office? It’s a pretty happy vibe.