Program Coordinator (NSW) – parental leave cover
ABOUT LITTLE DREAMERS
Little Dreamers is Australia’s leading Young Carer organisation, working with young people who provide unpaid care for a family member with a disability, illness or addiction across a range of direct support programs.
Over the past 12 years, we’ve become a game changing force in the Young Carer space, developing
internationally recognised best practice programs and changing the lives of over 5,000 Young Carers around the country.
Our staff across Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland are working towards our vision of creating a world in which every single Young Carer is supported by someone or something by 2030.
Whatever the support service, a common thread runs through everything we do – that young people should have access to the childhood that everyone deserves. Every Little Dreamers program works towards supporting Young Carers outside of their caring role, ensuring that these young people have the same access to opportunities that their non-caring peers have.
Little Dreamers expanded its operations to NSW in early 2019, and we are currently looking for a Program Coordinator to join our team on a parental leave cover (10 month contract).
This role will identify program opportunities and lead key programs including Big Dreamers Personal Development Program, Young Carer Retreats and Mentoring. Working from the ground up, alongside the NSW State Manager, this role includes developing processes and systems to efficiently run the programs, coordinating budgets and working with volunteers, families and Young Carers involved.
Reporting through to the State Manager (NSW), this role requires creativity, initiative and an ‘out-of-the-box’ attitude to solving complex problems. You will have the autonomy to affect change within the organisation with lots of room to grow within the role.
Administration and support across all programs:
- Supporting allocated families on the database, including birthday cards, and updating family information as required
- Working with NSW Family Support Workers to assist families in the Carer Gateway referral and registration process
- Administration and support for the State Manager as required
Management of Big Dreamers Personal Development Program:
- Developing the Big Dreamers 6-month program including calendars, workshops, retreats and business mentoring
- Coordinating the logistics throughout the program including speakers, transport, workshop resources etc.
- Working with State Manager & Impact Measurement team to develop a strong impact evaluation framework for Big Dreamers and evaluating the program accordingly
- Working with People & Culture Manager to recruit personal mentors and leaders for the Big Dreamers program
- Support the Big Dreamers participants to access other opportunities including Business Mentors, speaking engagements, media etc.
- Lead the coordination and delivery of Young Carer Retreats, including developing retreat programs, planning logistics, communication with families, retreat promotion, stakeholder reporting
- Supporting NSW Family Support Workers in the delivery of dream experiences, mentoring, tutoring programs and other new program initiatives as required
- Development of relationships with program participants to engage Young Carers in other Little Dreamers programs
- Working with the National Marketing & Events Manager to promote programs
- Working with State Manager and Volunteer Coordinator to assist in the coordination of program staff and volunteers as required
Community Outreach & Engagement:
- Working with State Manager to conduct outreach to schools, local councils, hospitals, organisations and community groups
- Identify opportunities for collaboration and partnerships
- Represent Little Dreamers in the community
Measurement of impact across all programs:
- Collate program data and produce reports with Impact & Measurement Team
- Work closely with State Manager to update and follow through on impact measurements
Planning and reporting:
- Managing budget and expenditure for programs
- Reporting to State Manager on program updates and outcomes
Key Selection Criteria
The person suited to this role must have:
Skills and abilities:
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work to a deadline
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to coordinate administration, logistics and other projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal organisation and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to connect with and empower young people
- Capacity to respond and resolve complex issues and problems quickly and with limited resources
- Passion and commitment to addressing Young Carer issues and advocating for young people
- Ability to read and understand financial information and adhere to a budget
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with young people and delivering programs
- Experience delivering engaging and interactive workshops for young people
- Must have a detailed understanding of the carer and Young Carer space
- Understanding of the community sector and the nuances of working in non-profit
- Humble, hungry and kind
- A strong commitment and enthusiasm towards the purpose and mission of Little Dreamers
- Energetic, positive and proactive attitude
- Action-oriented and driven to achieve results
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships of trust with Little Dreamers team, corporate partners and flair
- Flexible and highly responsive
- Dependability and accountability
Education and training:
- Degree in any of the following is preferable but not required: social work, welfare, community development, youth work or related field
- Hold a First Aid certificate or willingness to obtain
A national police check and a Working with Children Check is required for this position.
When you join the Little Dreamers Team, you join a community of people committed to making a difference. We come together with shared values, passion and a collaborative culture. We are currently a small team that is growing rapidly with access to development opportunities. We operate within a leadership structure that accepts and embraces everyone’s ideas and hard work to create the world that we want to see for Young Carers.
Little Dreamers also offers salary sacrifice, competitive remuneration and flexible working opportunities.
Get your Resume and Cover Letter ready and show us how your skills and experiences make you the perfect person to fill this position. None of this “To whom it may concern” stuff, show us what you’ve got! We would also love a short 2-minute video introducing yourself and giving us a bit of an insight into who you are and why you’re perfect for this role.
Email your application (resume, cover letter, and video) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Program Coordinator (NSW).
Shortlisted applicants will be notified and we’ll begin the interview process which may consist of a phone chat and then probably some more traditional interviews (they’ll be fun, don’t you worry).
Thanks for your interest in working with us. We can’t wait to meet you.
This is a part-time position classified as a Social and Community Services employee under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (MA000100) Level 2.3. We offer a full time salary above the award with a salary at $61,137.44 ($36,682.46 Pro Rata). This position is a contracted 10 month parental leave cover role.
Please note: It is an offence under the Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 2005 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for this position. Any offer of employment at Little Dreamers is subject to a Working with Children Check and Police Check.