Program Coordinator (QLD)
About Little Dreamers
Little Dreamers is working towards an equal world for Young Carers, delivering programs aiming to improve quality of life. With an estimated 1 in 10 children in Australia giving up their childhood to provide unpaid care to a family member, Little Dreamers delivers empowering and proactive support programs to reduce the risk factors that they face and increase their life opportunities.
All Little Dreamers programs have been developed by Young Carers, for Young Carers targeting each of the five main risk factors that these young people face – social isolation, poor mental health, unemployment, financial and educational disadvantage. Running for nearly 12 years, Little Dreamers supports thousands of Young Carers each year through direct support programs including Dream Experiences; holiday programs; mentoring and tutoring; in-school education and training; The Dreamers Hub; in-person peer support; and the Big Dreamers Personal Development Program.
Within the wider community we also focus on advocacy for policy change, for more support and recognition for Young Carers whilst also raising awareness of the prevalence of Young Carers and how the community, the education system, friends and family can rally around for increased support.
Little Dreamers is looking for an amazing Program Coordinator to join our enthusiastic Dream Team.
This role will identify program opportunities and provide lead coordination of a Little Dreamers program, such as the Big Dreamers Personal Development Program. There will also be opportunities to support with program facilitation and coordinating Dream Experiences where required.
Working from the ground up, alongside the QLD State Manager, and our team of facilitators and volunteers, the role includes developing processes and systems to efficiently run each program, coordinating budgets, and working with Young Carer families to facilitate program success.
Reporting through to the State Manager (QLD), this role requires creativity, initiative and an ‘out-of-the-box’ attitude to solving complex problems. You will have autonomy to affect change within the organisation with lots of room to grow within the role.
The role will be based in our Brisbane office, with a workstation setup however personal technology such as a mobile phone and laptop is required for this role.
Ideally, the Program Coordinator would have a Driver’s License and vehicle to be able to transport themselves to in-person programs such as School Holiday Programs, and Young Carer Project locations. People with diverse experiences are highly encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to, people with lived experience in caring roles, First Nations, people from a culturally and linguistically diverse background, people with disabilities and members of the LGBTIQA+ community.
- Lead the coordination and delivery of programs, such as the Big Dreamers personal development program. Includes developing program events, planning logistics, communication with families, promotion, stakeholder reporting
- Support with delivery or coordination of quarterly School Holiday Programs in Brisbane, as required
- Supporting facilitators and Family Support Workers in the delivery of new and existing program initiatives as required (e.g., In Person Peer Support, The Young Carer Project)
- Development of relationships with program participants to engage Young Carers in Little Dreamers programs
- Working with the National Marketing & Events Manager to promote programs
- Working with State Manager and People & Culture Manager to assist in the coordination of program staff and volunteers as required
Community Outreach & Engagement:
- Working with State Manager to conduct outreach to schools, local councils, hospitals, organisations and community groups
- Identify opportunities for collaboration and partnerships
- Represent Little Dreamers in the community
Measurement of impact across all programs:
- Collate program data and produce reports with Impact & Measurement Team
- Work closely with State Manager to update and follow through on impact measurements
Administration and support across all programs:
- Supporting allocated Young Carer families on the database, including processing new families, issuing welcome packs, birthday cards, and updating family information as required
- Working with Family Support Workers to assist families in the Carer Gateway referral and registration process
- Administration and support for the State Manager as required
Planning and reporting:
- Managing budget and expenditure for programs
Reporting to State Manager on program updates and outcomes.
Key Selection Criteria
The person suited to this role must have:
Skills and abilities:
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work to a deadline
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to coordinate administration, logistics and other projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal organisation and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to connect with and empower young people
- Capacity to respond and resolve complex issues and problems quickly and with limited resources
- Passion and commitment to addressing Young Carer issues and advocating for young people
- Ability to read and understand financial information and adhere to a budget
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with young people and delivering programs
- Experience delivering engaging and interactive workshops for young people
- Must have a detailed understanding of the carer and Young Carer space
- Understanding of the community sector and the nuances of working in non-profit
- Humble, hungry and kind
- A strong commitment and enthusiasm towards the purpose and mission of Little Dreamers
- Energetic, positive and proactive attitude
- Action-oriented and driven to achieve results
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships of trust with Little Dreamers team, corporate partners and flair
- Flexible and highly responsive
- Dependability and accountability
Education and training:
- Qualifications in any of the following is preferable but not required: welfare, community development, youth work or related field
- Hold a First Aid certificate or willingness to obtain
A national police check and valid Blue Card is required for this position.
When you join the Little Dreamers Team, you join a community of people committed to making a difference. We come together with shared values, passion and a collaborative culture. We are a rapidly growing organisation with access to lots of development opportunities. We operate within a leadership structure that accepts and embraces everyone’s ideas and hard work to create the world that we want to see for Young Carers.
Please email your application to email@example.com with subject header Program Coordinator and include the following:
- CV with two referees (or available upon request)
- Cover letter
- A short 60 second – 2-minute video sharing with us who you are and what you would bring to this role (filmed on your phone or computer is fine). Applications will only be considered if they include all required components.
If you have any questions about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted applicants will then be contacted for an interview. Applicants who are not selected for an interview will be notified by email.
This position is classified as a Social and Community Services employee under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (MA000100).
Please note: It is an offence under the Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 2005 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for this position. Any offer of employment at Little Dreamers is subject to a Blue Card and Police Check.