Program Facilitator (VIC)
About Little Dreamers
Hello! We’re Little Dreamers, Australia’s leading non-profit organisation working with Young Carers around the country.
A Young Carer is anyone under the age of 25 who currently provides, or intends to provide, care in their family for a parent or sibling who has a chronic illness, mental illness, disability or addiction.
Founded in 2009 by a Young Carer, we love building and delivering high quality programs that create deep and meaningful impact in the lives of young people providing care in their families. And we’re pretty good at it too. To date, we have supported over 5,000 Young Carers, we deliver eight core programs alongside ad hoc supports, advocacy and community awareness campaigns. We have strong corporate partnership and funding relationships and have raised over $5 million to improve the quality of life for Young Carers around Australia. We have even received recognition from Queen Elizabeth II and have been named as an internationally best practice organisation for Young Carer support.
Our team is made up of 50 incredible humans working across VIC, NSW, QLD and SA. We are humble, hungry and kind and work hard to reach our goals. We believe in a world where every single Young Carer is supported by someone or something by 2030. Sounds fun right?!
By joining the Dream Team, you will play an integral part in supporting young people who often miss out on having a childhood.
Are you passionate about creating positive social change? Are you dedicated to improving the lives of young people and supporting them to achieve their educational goals?
This is your opportunity to build a career changing social attitudes, connecting with Young Carers, and supporting schools to become more inclusive. We’re searching for genuine and motivated Program Facilitators to join our team!
If you’re committed to supporting Young Carers, increasing community awareness and have experience in public speaking and/or facilitation, then you’ll fit right in with us.
As a Program Facilitator for Little Dreamers, you will find yourself delivering workshops around Victoria, both metropolitan and regional, working directly with Young Carers and key supporters.
Facilitation of Programs:
- Delivery of structured training sessions for young people and adults
- Creation of an environment where Young Carers feel comfortable to share and reflect on their experiences
- Encouragement and support of Young Carers to seek other supports where appropriate
- Positive engagement with key external and internal stakeholders
- Responsibility for set up and pack-down of venues in line with session plans
- Distribution of impact measurement surveys for required sessions
- Participation in facilitator impact measurement and reporting as required
- Completion of program administrative duties as required. These may include database management, data entry and resource development.
Key Selection Criteria
The person suited to this role must have:
Skills and abilities:
- Facilitation or public speaking experience (ideally working with young people)
- The ability to foster and maintain a positive and optimistic outlook
- High levels of awareness and empathy, allowing for effective work with groups of vulnerable young people
- Competency in IT (we currently use Google Drive, Zoom and Employment Hero)
- Excellent time management skills
- A great work ethic
- The ability to be flexible and prioritise multiple competing tasks on a daily basis
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience working in a team in a fast-changing environment
We’ll be stoked if you also have this experience or knowledge:
- Lived experience as a Young Carer
- Personal insight into the impact of stigma and the subsequent effect this has for individuals, families and the broader community
- Experience working with young people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Communities (CALD)
- An understanding of the carer and Young Carer space
- Humble, hungry and kind
- A strong commitment and enthusiasm towards the purpose and mission of Little Dreamers
- Energetic, positive and proactive attitude
- Action-oriented and driven to achieve results
- Innovative, creative and act with initiative and flair
- Flexible and highly responsive
- Dependability and accountability
- Passion and commitment to addressing Young Carer issues and advocating for young people
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
Each day that you come to work you are changing a life. The more that Little Dreamers grows, the more impact we have and you’re a key part of that. We think that’s a pretty top perk, but we don’t stop there…
Little Dreamers is a growing not-for-profit organisation with start-up vibes. What does this mean in practice? If you have an idea you want to pitch that positively impacts Young Carers or our team that supports them, let’s make it happen. We’re all ears! You also get access to salary packaging (more tax-free income in your pocket? What’s better than that!) and our Melbourne office is dog friendly, so hello unlimited cuddles and puppy hangs with our Chief Barketing Officer, Daisy.
Finally, we care as much about you as we do about our Young Carers. The Little Dreamers team is a family and we offer flexible working and regular team bonding events.
Please email your application to email@example.com and include the following:
- CV with cover letter including your responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
- Two referees.
- A short 60 second – 2-minute video sharing with us who you are and what you would bring to this role (filmed on your phone or computer is fine).
- If you have any questions about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications will only be considered if they include all required components.
Shortlisted applicants will then be contacted for an interview. Applicants who are not selected for an interview will be notified by email.
People with diverse experiences are highly encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to, people with lived experience in caring roles, First Nations, people from a culturally and linguistically diverse background, people with disabilities and members of the LGBTIQA+ community.
A national police check, Working with Children Check and proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required for this position.
This is a casual position classified as a Social and Community Services employee under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (MA000100). We require a 12-month commitment to the role however as this is an incredible opportunity we hope that you will stay beyond this timeframe and continue to grow with Little Dreamers.
Please note: It is an offence under the Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 2005 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for this position. Any offer of employment at Little Dreamers is subject to a Working with Children Check and Police Check.