ABOUT LITTLE DREAMERS
Little Dreamers is working to improve the quality of life for Young Carers and Special Siblings across the country.
Our vision? To ensure that every single Young Carer around the world is supported by someone or something by 2030.
We are Australia’s leading Young Carer organisation, supporting young people between 4 – 25 years across six support programs. Over the past 11 years, Little Dreamers has become a game changing force in the Young Carer space, developing internationally recognised best practice programs, advocating for legislation change and changing the lives of thousands of Young Carers around Australia.
Whatever the support service, a common thread runs through everything we do – that young people should have access to the childhood that everyone deserves. Every Little Dreamers program works towards supporting Young Carers outside of their caring role, ensuring that these young people have the same access to opportunities that their non-caring peers have.
Are you passionate about creating positive social change?
Are you dedicated to improving the lives of young people and supporting them to achieve their educational goals?
This is your opportunity to build a career changing social attitudes, connecting with Young Carers, and supporting schools to become more inclusive. We’re searching for genuine and motivated Program Facilitators to join our team!
If you’re committed to supporting Young Carers, increasing community awareness and have experience in public speaking and/or facilitation, then you’ll fit right in with us.
As a Program Facilitator for The Young Carer Project, you will find yourself delivering workshops for schools around Victoria, both metropolitan and regional, working directly with students and teachers as face-to-face leaders of the program. You will co-lead programs, delivering interactive workshops and group discussions for students and teachers.
People with diverse experiences are highly encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to, people with lived experience in caring roles, First Nations, people from a culturally and linguistically diverse background, people with disabilities and members of the LGBTIQA+ community.
Please note: there may be opportunities to facilitate other programs within this role.
Facilitation of programs
- Delivery of structured training sessions for Young Carers and Teacher Champions
- Creation of an environment where Young Carers feel comfortable to share and reflect on their experiences
- Encouragement and support of Young Carers to seek other supports where appropriate
- Positive engagement with key external and internal stakeholders
- Responsibility for set up and pack-down of venues in line with session plans
- Distribution of impact measurement surveys for required sessions
- Participation in facilitator impact measurement and reporting as required
- Completion of program administrative duties as required. These may include database management, data entry and resource development.
Key Selection Criteria
The person suited to this role must have:
Skills and abilities:
- Facilitation or public speaking experience (ideally working with young people)
- The ability to foster and maintain a positive and optimistic outlook
- High levels of awareness and empathy, allowing for effective work with groups of vulnerable young people
- Excellent time management skills
- A great work ethic
- The ability to be flexible and prioritise multiple competing tasks on a daily basis
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience working in a team in a fast-changing environment
We’ll be stoked if you also have this experience or knowledge:
- Lived experience as a Young Carer
- Personal insight into the impact of stigma and the subsequent effect this has for individuals, families and the broader community
- Experience working with young people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Communities (CALD)
- An understanding of the carer and Young Carer space
- Humble, hungry and kind
- A strong commitment and enthusiasm towards the purpose and mission of Little Dreamers
- Energetic, positive and proactive attitude
- Action-oriented and driven to achieve results
- Innovative, creative and act with initiative and flair
- Flexible and highly responsive
- Dependability and accountability
- Passion and commitment to addressing Young Carer issues and advocating for young people
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
A national police check and a Working with Children Check is required for this position.
When you join the Little Dreamers Team, you join a community of people committed to making a difference. We come together with shared values, passion and a collaborative culture. We are a rapidly growing organisation with access to lots of development opportunities. We operate within a leadership structure that accepts and embraces everyone’s ideas and hard work to create the world that we want to see for Young Carers.
Please submit your application to Stephanie below and include the following:
- CV with cover letter including your responses to the Person Specification
- Two referees
- A short 60 second – 2-minute video sharing with us who you are and what you would bring to this role (filmed on your phone or computer is fine)
Send your video to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Program Facilitator application via Little Dreamers Website.
Applications will only be considered if they include all required components.
This is a casual position classified as a Social and Community Services employee under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (MA000100). We require a 12-month commitment to the role however as this is an incredible opportunity we hope that you will stay beyond this timeframe and continue to grow with Little Dreamers.
Please note: It is an offence under the Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 2005 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for this position. Any offer of employment at Little Dreamers is subject to a Working with Children Check and Police Check.