QLD Education Program Manager
ABOUT LITTLE DREAMERS
Little Dreamers is working to improve the quality of life for Young Carers and Special Siblings across the country. Our vision? To ensure that every single Young Carer around the world is supported by someone or something by 2030.
We are Australia’s leading Young Carer organisation, supporting young people between 4 – 25 years across six support programs. Over the past 10 years, Little Dreamers has become a game changing force in the Young Carer space, developing internationally recognised best practice programs, advocating for legislation change and changing the lives of thousands of Young Carers around Australia. Whatever the support service, a common thread runs through everything we do – that young people should have access to the childhood that everyone deserves. Every Little Dreamers program works towards supporting Young Carers outside of their caring role, ensuring that these young people, have the same access to opportunities that their non-caring peers have.
With rapid growth, Little Dreamers is looking for an Education Program Manager to join our Dream Team! As Education Program Manager, you’ll launch and manage The Young Carer Project in Queensland and support the expansion of other innovative programs across the state.
While building The Young Carer Project from the ground up, you’ll also be managing a dedicated team of facilitators, developing a portfolio of schools across Queensland, coordinating logistics for high quality program delivery and building relationships with key stakeholders, schools and the broader community.
Reporting through to the QLD State Manager, this role requires creativity, initiative and an ‘out-of-the-box’ attitude to creating change for Young Carers in classrooms across Queensland and in the wider community.
- Development of a program plan and associated action plan for program delivery
- Creation of strategy and associated partnerships to fulfil program objectives
- Management and monitoring of the execution of key deliverables across the program timeline
- Development of content for workshops, online modules and information sessions for varying target audiences e.g. students, teachers and parents
- Close communication with our Graphic Designer to create high quality program collateral
Program Delivery and Management:
- Development of relationships with schools to launch and deliver the accreditation program
- Building and maintenance of relationships with our program partners including Hand Heart Pocket, the Department of Education, Schools and the Carer Gateway
- Working closely with our Impact Measurement and Research Analyst to develop and implement an impact measurement framework
- Development and lodging of regular program reports to Hand Heart Pocket and any other relevant partners
- Embodiment and communication of the organisation’s values, acting and presenting in a way that is consistent with the Little Dreamers’ values
- Management of the recruitment, induction, training and professional development needs, annual performance management and regular reviews of casual staff employed to deliver this program (in consultation with the QLD State Manager and alongside National People and Culture Manager)
- Monitoring and providing approval for relevant time sheets and invoicing for contracted services
- Coaching and providing timely feedback to team members in order for them to continue to grow and achieve greater impact in their roles
Key Selection Criteria
The person suited to this role must have:
Skills and abilities:
- Ability to coordinate administration, logistics and other projects in a time pressured environment
- Ability to read and understand financial information and work to a budget
- Demonstrated drive to implement best practice solutions and program development to achieve benchmarks and milestones
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks and manage time efficiently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding leadership and relationship-building skills, with the ability to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders and bring others on board with the Little Dreamers vision
- A high capacity of responding to and resolving complex issues and problems quickly and with limited resources
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must have experience working with young people and families
- 2-5 years of experience in education and/or program development
- Experience managing staff
- Must have a detailed understanding of the carer and Young Carer space
- Understanding of the community sector and the nuances of working in non profit
- Humble, hungry and kind
- A strong commitment and enthusiasm towards the purpose and mission of Little Dreamers
- Energetic, positive and proactive attitude
- Action-oriented and driven to achieve results
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships of trust with Little Dreamers team, corporate partners and donors
- Innovative, creative and act with initiative and flair
- Flexible and highly responsive
- Dependability and accountability
A national police check and a Working with Children Check is required for this position.
When you join the Little Dreamers Team, you join a community of people committed to making a difference. We come together with shared values, passion and a collaborative culture. We are a rapidly growing organisation with access to lots of development opportunities. We operate within a leadership structure that accepts and embraces everyone’s ideas and hard work to create the world that we want to see for Young Carers.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- CV with cover letter including your responses to the Key Selection Criteria
- Two referees
- A short 60 second – 2-minute video sharing with us who you are and what you would bring to this role (filmed on your phone or computer is fine)
If you have any questions about the role please email email@example.com.
Applications will only be considered if they include all required components. Applicants will then be contacted for an interview. Applicants who are not selected for interview will be notified by email.
This is a full-time contracted position classified as a Social and Community Services employee under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (MA000100). We offer a competitive salary above the award. This position will be full-time until the end of the funding period (September 2021) with a view to extend if possible.
Please note: It is an offence under the Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 2005 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for this position. Any offer of employment at Little Dreamers is subject to a Working with Children Check and Police Check.