State Manager (VIC) – MAT LEAVE COVER
ABOUT LITTLE DREAMERS
Little Dreamers is working to improve the quality of life for Young Carers and Special Siblings across the country. Our vision? To ensure that every single Young Carer around the world is supported by someone or something by 2030.
We are Australia’s leading Young Carer organisation, supporting young people between 4 – 25 years across six support programs. Over the past 10 years, Little Dreamers has become a game changing force in the Young Carer space, developing internationally recognised best practice programs, advocating for legislation change and changing the lives of thousands of Young Carers around Australia. Whatever the support service, a common thread runs through everything we do – that young people should have access to the childhood that everyone deserves. Every Little Dreamers program works towards supporting Young Carers outside of their caring role, ensuring that these young people, have the same access to opportunities that their non-caring peers have.
With rapid growth, Little Dreamers is looking to expand our Dream Team and for our newest addition we are specifically looking for a State Manager to manage the program delivery team in Little Dreamers HQ in St Kilda, VIC. Managing the Little Dreamers program portfolio, the State Manager (VIC) is responsible for managing the successful roll out of the organisation across Victoria. This role will be working closely with the State Managers across QLD and NSW, along with other members of the head office team including People and Culture, Marketing and Events and Head of Programs.
This role aims to focus on leading the organisation and ensuring quality of service while meeting impact and budget targets. Reporting through to the CEO, this role requires creativity, initiative and an ‘out-of-the- box’ attitude to bring awareness and understanding to complex challenges. You will have autonomy to affect change within the organisation, developing strategies from the ground up. This role is instrumental in setting up and managing a team of Program Coordinators and Social Workers to deliver programs across VIC. This role will require some travel both within VIC and occasionally interstate.
- Lead state program delivery staff, ensuring quality service provision and the achievement of impact targets
- Actively participate in State Manager team meetings
- Ensure organisational compliance of program delivery with relevant funding body contractual and procedural requirements, Little Dreamers policies and procedures, employment, work health and safety legislations, performance management, review and quality assurance requirements
- Provide clear direction and support for the Regional Programs Team to ensure high quality of service delivery and project prioritisation as per the strategy
- Monitor service outcomes, drive compliance requirements and lead continuous improvement within the programs and services delivered in VIC
- Manage program statistics and prepare required reports alongside Impact Measurement and Research Analyst and Head of Programs
- Represent Little Dreamers within relevant program networks, as directed
- Supervise client information using Salesforce as a client management system
- Manage program delivery within budget guidelines
- Contribute to funding proposals by providing required information in specified timelines
- Undertake other reasonable duties as required consistent with aims and objectives of services being delivered
- Personally live out and communicate the organisation’s values and act and present in a way that is consistent with the Little Dreamers’ values
- Manage the recruitment, induction, training and professional development needs, annual performance management and regular reviews of staff within state services (alongside People and Culture Manager, as required)
- Supervise delivery of support from state family support teams, overseeing what they’re implementing is appropriate
- Coach and provide timely feedback to team members in order for them to continue to grow and achieve greater impact in their roles
- Monitor and provide approval for relevant timesheets, time in lieu, leave and invoicing for contracted services
- Develop sector partnerships to raise awareness for Little Dreamers services across VIC
- Work closely with National Marketing and Events Manager to share opportunities and impact, and raise awareness for Young Carers and Little Dreamers within VIC
Other duties as required by CEO
Key Selection Criteria
The person suited to this role must have:
Skills and abilities:
- Ability to coordinate administration, logistics and other projects in a time pressured environment
- Ability to read and understand financial information and work to a budget
- Demonstrated drive to implement best practice solutions and program development to achieve benchmarks and milestones
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks and manage time efficiently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding leadership and relationship-building skills, with the ability to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders and bring others on board with the Little Dreamers vision
- A high capacity of responding to and resolving complex issues and problems quickly and with limited resources
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must have experience working with young people and families
- 2-5 years of experience in a management level and/or supervising staff
- Must have a detailed understanding of the carer and Young Carer space
- Understanding of the community sector and the nuances of working in non-profit
- Humble, hungry and smart
- A strong commitment and enthusiasm towards the purpose and mission of Little Dreamers
- Energetic, positive and proactive attitude
- Action-oriented and driven to achieve results
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships of trust with Little Dreamers team, corporate partners and donors
- Innovative, creative and act with initiative and flair
- Flexible and highly responsive
- Dependability and accountability
Education and training:
- Degree in any of the following: social work, welfare, community development or related field
- Qualification in business or equivalent business management experience
A national police check and a Working with Children Check is required for this position.
When you join the Little Dreamers Team, you join a community of people committed to making a difference. We come together with shared values, passion and a collaborative culture. We are a rapidly growing organisation with access to lots of development opportunities. We operate within a leadership structure that accepts and embraces everyone’s ideas and hard work to create the world that we want to see for Young Carers.
Please email your application to Stephanie at careers@littledreamersonline.
- CV with cover letter including your responses to the Person Specification
- Two referees
- A short 60 second – 2-minute video sharing with us who you are and what you would bring to this role (filmed on your phone or computer is fine)
If you have any questions about the role please email careers@littledreamersonline.
Applications close 28 February. Shortlisted applicants will then be contacted for an interview. Applicants who are not selected for interview will be notified by email.
This is a full-time position classified as a Social and Community Services employee under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (MA000100).
Please note: It is an offence under the Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 2005 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for this position. Any offer of employment at Little Dreamers is subject to a Working with Children Check and Police Check.