TYCP Program Coordinator
ABOUT LITTLE DREAMERS
We’re Little Dreamers, Australia’s leading non-profit organisation working with Young Carers around the country. A Young Carer is anyone under the age of 25 who currently provides, or intends to provide, care in their family for a parent or sibling who has a chronic illness, mental illness, disability or addiction.
Founded in 2009 by a Young Carer, we love building and delivering high quality programs that create deep and meaningful impact in the lives of young people providing care in their families. And we’re pretty good at it too.
To date, we have supported over 5,000 Young Carers, we deliver eight core programs alongside ad hoc supports, advocacy and community awareness campaigns. We have strong corporate partnership and funding relationships and have raised over $3 million to improve the quality of life for Young Carers around Australia. We have even received recognition from Queen Elizabeth II and have been named as an internationally best practice organisation for Young Carer support.
Our team is made up of 40 incredible humans working across VIC, NSW, QLD and SA. We are humble, hungry and kind and work hard to reach our goals. We believe in a world where every single Young Carer is supported by someone or something by 2030. Sounds fun right?! By joining the Dream Team, you will play an integral part in supporting young people who often miss out on having a childhood.
With rapid growth, Little Dreamers is looking to expand our Dream Team and for our newest addition we are specifically looking for a Program Coordinator for our in-school support, The Young Carer Project (TYCP), in VIC.
This role involves coordinating The Young Carer Project delivery in VIC including recruiting schools, scheduling and supporting a team of casual facilitators, providing ongoing guidance to a portfolio of schools across Victoria, coordinating logistics for high quality program delivery and contributing to impact measurement and evaluation activities.
Reporting through to the Education Program Manager, this role requires creativity, initiative and an ‘out-of-the-box’ attitude to bringing change to classrooms across Victoria.
Recruitment and Coordination of School Bookings:
- Inbound Communication – Respond to all enquiries from schools, ensuring that every school has a positive and impactful experience.
- Recruitment – Conduct outreach alongside our School Liaison Officer, to schools across VIC introducing them to TYCP and building relationships, encouraging them to sign up for TYCP.
- Bookings – Process all bookings for TYCP including sign up forms and intake questionnaires are completed.
- Administration – Utilise calendars, CRM systems (Salesforce) and online platforms to maintain and coordinate all bookings.
- Scheduling – Work with our rostering and timesheet platform to schedule in Facilitators to deliver programs booked in.
- Relationship Building – Maintain relationships with key program partners including PROJECT ROCKIT, the Department of Education and Department of Families, Fairness and Housing.
- Logistics – Coordinate all logistics for program delivery including booking venues, organising sustenance and ensuring that resources are ready to go.
- Impact Measurement – Participate in evaluation of TYCP through observations, collation of quotes, reminders to schools about surveys and more.
- Targets – Report to the Education Program Manager to manage and meet quarterly targets around the number of schools and programs booked.
- Recruitment and Training – Work alongside the Education Program Manager to fill any gaps in staffing, providing regular training and professional development to our team of Casual Facilitators.
- Teamwork – Work closely and collaboratively with the Programs Team and Casual Facilitators to deliver a seamless, impactful experience to schools, achieving team objectives.
- Initiatives and Projects – contribute to organisation wide initiatives and projects throughout the year as a valued member of the Little Dreamers team
Other duties as required by the Education Program Manager.
Key Selection Criteria
The person suited to this role must have:
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work to a deadline
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to coordinate administration, logistics and other projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal organisation and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to connect with and empower young people
- Capacity to respond and resolve complex issues and problems quickly and with limited resources
- Passion and commitment to addressing Young Carer issues and advocating for young people
- Ability to read and understand financial information and adhere to a budget
We’ll be stoked if you also have this experience or knowledge:
- 2+ years experience working with young people, delivering programs or in education
- Experience delivering engaging and interactive workshops for young people
- Lived experience as a Young Carer
- Understanding of the carer and Young Carer space
- Humble, hungry and kind
- A strong commitment and enthusiasm towards the purpose and mission of Little Dreamers
- Energetic, positive and proactive attitude
- Action-oriented and driven to achieve results
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships of trust with Little Dreamers team, corporate partners and flair
- Flexible and highly responsive
- Dependability and accountability
A national police check and valid Working with Children Check is required for this position.
Each day that you come to work you are changing a life. The more that Little Dreamers grows, the more impact we have and you’re a key part of that. We think that’s a pretty top perk, but we don’t stop there…
Little Dreamers is a growing not-for-profit organisation with start-up vibes. What does this mean in practice? If you have an idea you want to pitch that positively impacts Young Carers or our team that supports them, let’s make it happen. We’re all ears! You also get access to salary packaging (more tax-free income in your pocket? What’s better than that!) and our Melbourne office is dog friendly, so hello unlimited cuddles and puppy hangs with our Chief Barketing Officer, Daisy.
Finally, we care as much about you as we do about our Young Carers. The Little Dreamers team is a family and we offer flexible working and regular team bonding events.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- CV with cover letter.
- Two referees.
- A short 60 second – 2-minute video sharing with us who you are and what you would bring to this role (filmed on your phone or computer is fine).
If you have any questions about the role, please email email@example.com. Applications will only be considered if they include all required components.
Shortlisted applicants will then be contacted for an interview. Applicants who are not selected for an interview will be notified by email.
This is a 0.6 FTE position (22.8 hours). This position is classified as a Level 2 employee under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (MA000100).
Please note: It is an offence under the Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 2005 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for this position. Any offer of employment at Little Dreamers is subject to a Working with Children Check and Police Check.