Dreamers Hub Content Creator: Volunteer
Volunteer Position Description
Dreamers Hub Content Creator
ABOUT LITTLE DREAMERS
Little Dreamers is Australia’s leading Young Carer organisation, supporting young people who provide unpaid care for a family member with a disability, illness or addiction across a range of direct support programs. We focus on five key risk factors faced by Young Carers – social isolation, poor mental health, unemployment, and financial and educational disadvantage.
Over the past 11 years, we’ve become a game changing force in the Young Carer space, developing internationally recognised best practice programs and changing the lives of thousands of Young Carers around Australia. Within the wider community we also focus on advocacy for policy change, for more support and recognition for Young Carers whilst also raising awareness of the prevalence of Young Carers and how the community, the education system, friends and family can rally around for increased support.
Little Dreamers is working to improve the quality of life of Young Carers, with a vision to ensure that every single Young Carer around the world is supported by someone or something by 2030.
ABOUT THE DREAMERS HUB
Young Carers exist in every corner of Australia. While we’d love to physically reach them all (and someday we will!), in the meantime we need a more practical, accessible and less resource intensive way to do so.
In comes the Dreamers Hub, an online community where Young Carers can reach and interact with each other, access study support and life advice and receive some respite from their caring role.
What we’re aiming to achieve:
- Create a safe, online space exclusively for Young Carers to access 24/7 support.
- Increase the numbers of Young Carers in Australia self-identifying and seeking support.
- Increase the accessibility of study and life support for Young Carers through an abundance of content including resources, fact sheets, blogs, forums and more.
- Increase the social opportunities and connectedness of Young Carers, reducing feelings of social isolation and loneliness.
We’re engaging passionate individuals to feature as guest blog contributors for the Dreamers Hub. As a guest blogger, we want you to get creative and create new and engaging content for our Young Carers. We want Young Carers to have access to personal development resources, thought-provoking articles, educational content, reviews and more. Simply write about something you’re passionate about!
As a guest blogger, you must have:
- A strong command of writing and excellent English grammar skills.
- Any topic/s that you’re passionate about and can write on.
- An eagerness to share your passion, knowledge and experiences with our Young Carers!
- This a casual role that requires as little or as much commitment as you like.
Key Selection Criteria
Who are we looking for?
- Fun, energetic and caring individuals!
- Desire to make a difference: Volunteers should care about making an impact to the lives of Young Carers.
- Committed: We are looking for reliable and committed volunteers!
- Excellent communication skills: Should be friendly and able to engage with a young person in a non-judgmental and appropriate manner.
If you have any questions about this role, please email email@example.com.
To apply, please complete the form below and we will be in touch with you to discuss your application and the next steps.
This is a volunteer position.