Scheduled events and programs
- Face-to-face events or programs in Victoria have been cancelled or postponed until further notice. We will continue to monitor the events calendar as the global COVID-19 situation evolves and continue to provide updates.
- If you purchased a ticket for an event or program that has now been cancelled or postponed, you will receive a refund for this ticket.
- If you would like to cancel a reservation due to concern, even if Little Dreamers is still planning to run the event or program, we will offer you a full refund regardless.
- Little Dreamers has created online solutions as an alternative to our face-to-face programs. You can find updates on programs offering virtual alternatives below.
Working from home
The Little Dreamers team is working from home for the foreseeable future. This means that our St Kilda office is currently closed, however we are still contactable via the same phone number and email.
Office phone: 1800 717 515
General email: firstname.lastname@example.org
During this time, we encourage you to continue to contact the Little Dreamers team as usual for support and any additional needs you may have as a result of the pandemic.
Resources to help you understand COVID-19
- Explore Life In Mind’s comprehensive list of resources for COVID-19 support, including the best sources of information, mental health services, and more.
- Check out ABC’s COVID-19 coronacast podcast for all updates and information
- Download resources for kids to help in understanding coronavirus
- Access one off financial support available from the Government. Eligible recipients include Age Pension, Disability Support Pension, Carer Payment, Carer Allowance, Parenting Payment, Austudy, Newstart Allowance, Youth Allowance, Pensioner Concession Card, Commonwealth Seniors Health Card, Veteran Gold Card and many others. Find out more here.
- Find information on extended supermarket hours here.
- Head to Health can help you find the right Australian digital mental health and wellbeing resources, for yourself or for someone you care about.
- Access ReachOut’s COVID-19 free online mental health support for young people and parents.
- Read more about Covid-19 phone and data assistance packages provided by Telstra, Optus etc here.
At this time more than ever, we’re seeing the importance of virtual programs and remote solutions, ensuring our most vulnerable have access to the support they need without having to leave the home.
The Dreamers Hub is an online support platform for Young Carers, with forums, resources and games to access from wherever, whenever.
If you’re a Young Carer, you can register for the Dreamers Hub via this link.
Group Mentoring and Online Tutoring
Our Group Mentoring Program hasn’t changed, but we’ll be hosting the program online for the foreseeable future.
You can find out more and apply for our Group Mentoring program here.
Our Online Tutoring program is now up and running to assist Young Carers with school and learning during this tough time. To register for online tutoring or apply to become a tutor, please contact Miranda at email@example.com.
Given the restrictions placed on non-essential and face-to-face services, Little Dreamers is currently delivering the In-Person Peer Support groups in Queensland and New South Wales online.
Online groups will be facilitated using web-conferencing software Zoom (Young Carers will be guided through the process of setting this up). This means that Young Carers located anywhere across QLD and within the South West Sydney and Nepean-Blue Mountains areas can access the Peer Support Groups. Little Dreamers will continue to monitor and review the situation and provide updates throughout.
Need to Talk?
If you’re struggling with your mental health at this time, it’s important to know that you’re not alone. The best thing you can do is reach out for support, and talk to others about what’s going on.
Here are some useful resources during this time: