Online Tutor: Volunteer
Volunteer Position Description
Commitment: At least one school term (ongoing commitment will be reviewed at the beginning of each school term)
Volunteers must be over the age of 18.
ABOUT LITTLE DREAMERS
Little Dreamers is Australia’s leading Young Carer organisation, supporting young people who provide unpaid care for a family member with a disability, illness or addiction across a range of direct support programs. Over the past 10 years, we’ve become a game changing force in the Young Carer space, developing internationally recognised best practice programs and changing the lives of thousands of Young Carers around Australia.
Little Dreamers is working to improve the quality of life of Young Carers, with a vision to ensure that every single Young Carer around the world is supported by someone or something by 2030.
Little Dreamers is delivering an Online Tutoring program for Young Carers. The program aims to provide extra education support for Young Carers to keep them engaged in their schoolwork and provide relief to parents. On Zoom, tutors will help guide students with their homework and school related tasks, providing an extra helping hand and supporting them in their learning. This program allows you to act as a positive role model by developing a strong, positive relationship with an incredible Young Carer. We are looking for a range of tutors to support young people currently attending school, across all subjects.
This role will see you matched with one of our Young Carers who are looking for extra help in their schooling. We will pair you based on subject choices and time availability. Tutoring sessions will be conducted via Zoom, on a weekly basis. This role will also see you get to know your student, create a positive relationship and provide guidance on anything school related!
- Weekly commitment of one hour
- One school term – this program runs in conjunction with the Victorian school term dates. Tutoring positions will be reviewed at the end of each term.
All Online Tutoring volunteers must:
- Obtain a Working with Children’s Check (Volunteer Checks are free of charge!)
- Complete a National Police Check (Covered by Little Dreamers)
- Be available for a meet and greet Interview with two Little Dreamers staff members
- Maintain regular contact with Little Dreamers team member
- Complete the feedback form after each session
- Have access to a Zoom account
Key Selection Criteria
We’re looking for fun, energetic and caring individuals, with:
- A desire to make a difference: Volunteers should care about making an impact to the lives of Young Carers.
- Strong commitment: We are looking for reliable and committed volunteers!
- Excellent communication skills: Should be friendly and able to engage with a young person in a non-judgmental and appropriate manner.
- Strong ethics: Volunteers should have an appreciation of ethical issues and can be entrusted to behave appropriately around vulnerable people and seek guidance when unsure.
If you have any questions about this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please complete the form below and we will be in touch with you to discuss your application and the next steps.
This is a volunteer position.