1. About this policy
Little Dreamers Australia Co Ltd (ABN 98 343 827 904) (“Little Dreamers Australia”, “we”, “us” and “our”) is committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of the information we collect about you when you engage with Little Dreamers Australia. While Little Dreamers Australia is not directly bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), we have put in place information handling practices that are consistent with the APPs and to comply with applicable health records laws.
This Policy describes how we collect, use, store and disclose personal information when you interact with Little Dreamers Australia. ‘Personal information’ includes any information or opinion that identities or can be used to identify, contact or locate you. Whether you choose to share your personal information (including you sensitive information) is completely up to you, but you may not be able to access some programs offered by Little Dreamers Australia without providing Little Dreamers Australia with certain personal information.
2. Types of personal information we collect
The types of personal information that Little Dreamers Australia collects will depend on your dealings with us – whether as a program participant, volunteer, employee, job candidate, website user, service provider or donor. The types of personal information that we collect may include:
- your name, gender, date of birth, phone numbers, contact details (including email and postal address), photos, identity verification records and personal interests and preferences
- any other information you provide us in any form you may have submitted to us, or in other forms of interaction with you
- information about your use of our websites, services and engagement on social media pages
- your employment history, education background and criminal record
- your bank account information
- information you submit in questionnaires, feedback forms and survey responses
When you make a donation or purchase a product on our website, these payments are managed by a third party on our behalf. However, we will receive your name and a description of your donation or purchase.
In some circumstances, Little Dreamers Australia may need to collect personal information that is sensitive information, for example information about a participants’ or their family members’ medical conditions.
Little Dreamers Australia usually collects personal information directly from you in the following circumstances:
- when you contact, communicate with and give us feedback directly (by phone, in person, and by email)
- when you submit an application or online enquiries
- when you provide information via public social media pages
- when you apply for a job or to be a volunteer.
Little Dreamers Australia may also collect your personal information from third parties, such as:
- anyone you have authorised to deal with us on your behalf, including your family members
- operators of advertising services
- automatically via our website
- other program participants
- your referees.
3. Use of our website
Links to other websites
Little Dreamers Australia’s website may contain links to other sites. Other sites may also have links to our website. In either case, Little Dreamers Australia is not responsible for the content, privacy practices or business practices of any website or company except its own.
Log Data and device information and cookies
We automatically collect log data and device information when you access and use The Dreamers Hub. That information includes, among other things, your IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, crash data, cookie data and the pages you have engaged with. We use this type of information to administer The Dreamers Hub and to analyse trends.
We collect some anonymous information about how you use The Dreamers Hub by setting and accessing cookies on your computer. A cookie is a small text file that allows our system to identify and interact more effectively with your computer or device.
These cookies track information such as how often you visit The Dreamers Hub, what pages you view, and where you go after you leave The Dreamers Hub. The cookies track your computer, not you. You can configure your web browser to restrict or disable cookies, however, this may cause some parts of The Dreamers Hub not to have full functionality.
4. Purposes for using or sharing your personal information
We collect, use and share your personal information to:
- verify or authenticate information provided by you and your identity
- conduct necessary background, reference and other checks and verify the information provided to us
- enable you to access and use the Little Dreamers Australia programs
- protect our community and the Little Dreamers Australia programs and to create and maintain a safe environment for all our participants
- maintain and update our records
- operate, protect, improve and optimise the Little Dreamers Australia programs and related services and participants’ experiences
- receive and process donations
- send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you
- send marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you
- responding to questions and obtaining feedback, including via researching donor attitudes
- consider your employee or volunteer application
- comply with our legal obligations and processes, resolve disputes, enforce agreements with third parties, protect our legal rights and respond to claims
- provide, manage and administer Little Dreamers Australia’s insurance coverage
- undertake internal reporting.
5. Sharing your personal information
- our employees and volunteers
- support workers, plan managers, support coordinators and other community support service providers that you engage with, including as part of the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- third party suppliers, service providers and distributors
- payment systems operators (e.g. merchants receiving card payments)
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, in accordance with lawful processes or as required or authorised by law.
Where you have provided your express consent for specific parts of your personal information to be disclosed, we will only disclose and share your personal information that is held by us as at the time of receiving your consent. If a program participant has a nominated guardian, that guardian will have access to all of the program participant’s personal information (including sensitive information) unless and until we are advised otherwise.
We may also share information about our users and participants that have been aggregated or combined so that it no longer identifies an individual person or other anonymised information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
6. How we hold and store your personal information
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy (paper) form. We retain your personal information in our computer systems and databases, and in our physical files.
Little Dreamers Australia uses technologies and processes such as access control procedures, network firewalls, encryption, password protected databases and physical security measures to protect your personal information. However, the confidentiality of any communication by email cannot be guaranteed and we are not responsible for the security of information transmitted by internet.
We keep your personal information for only as long as is necessary for the purpose for which we collected it or where otherwise required or authorised by applicable legal obligations, in accordance with our applicable policies.
7. Accessing and updating your personal information
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you and you can also ask us to correct your personal information by contacting our Privacy Officer (details below).
We may first need to verify your identity before giving access or correcting your information.
Little Dreamers Australia will give access to your personal information unless an exception in the Privacy Act applies or and will take make the requested changes unless it does not agree that the information is incorrect. If we refuse to give you access to all or part of the information you have requested or to make the corrections you have requested, we will write to you and explain why.
Little Dreamers Australia may charge you its reasonable costs associated with providing you with access to your personal information.
8. Your choices
You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications or targeted advertising from us at any time, by using the link in promotional and marketing emails or by contacting us directly on 03 9973 9078 or at email@example.com. Please note you cannot opt-out of receiving administrative and transaction-related emails for us unless you deactivate your support. These are emails that are related directly to your support plan.
9. Questions and complaints
If you have questions about how Little Dreamers Australia handles your personal information, or if you have a complaint about Little Dreamers Australia ‘s information handling practices, you can contact the Privacy Officer (details below).
In particular, if you wish to make a complaint about how Little Dreamers Australia has handled your personal information, you should put your complaint in writing to our Privacy Officer.
Little Dreamers Australia will acknowledge receipt of your complaint, verify your identity and will investigate and respond within a reasonable time of receiving a complaint from you. If you are not satisfied with the decision, you can contact us to discuss your concerns. If the complaint is unresolved, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commission to make a complaint. Contact details are as follows:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
1300 363 992
10. Contact details
Little Dreamers Australia
Postal address: Suite 102, Level 1, 87 Gladstone Street, South Melbourne 3205
Phone: 03 9973 9078
Dated: 17 October 2018