Young Carer Job Readiness Project
The Young Carer Job Readiness Project
Introducing Australia’s first job readiness project for Young Carers.
Together with Holmesglen TAFE and a range of corporate partners, Young Carers will access vocational skill development and training opportunities, alongside workplace mentoring, internships and work experience. The Young Carer Job Readiness Project (YCJRP) is a comprehensive support offering that aims to ensure young people with caring roles have the same access to employment opportunities as their non-caring peers. Young Carers will develop new skills, walk away with reference letters, make new, like minded friends, and be recognised and celebrated through a points-based rewards system.
Applications are now open and close on 27 February.Apply Now
The Nitty Gritties
- The Young Carer Job Readiness Project runs over a seven month period with a range of both compulsory and optional workshops
- Workshops are delivered through a hybrid model where some will be available on Zoom and others in-person
- For every workshop attended, and engagement online on The Dreamers Hub YCJRP Portal, points will be accrued and can be redeemed for textbooks, additional skill based courses and tangible items on The Dreamers Hub Shop
- Due to capacity requirements, some of the more interactive, hands on workshops will be delivered a number of times with options of which ones you want to attend
- Participants will meet with experts in their chosen fields, have access to the best in the business and walk away with a portfolio of new skills to increase their employability and job prospects
This program is currently only available for Young Carers in Victoria, however we are working to make this more widely available in future!
We only have 75 places available for this program, so it will book out fast!