Volunteer Position Description
Location: VIC, NSW and QLD
ABOUT LITTLE DREAMERS
Little Dreamers is Australia’s leading Young Carer organisation, supporting young people who provide unpaid care for a family member with a disability, illness or addiction across a range of direct support programs. Over the past 10 years, we’ve become a game changing force in the Young Carer space, developing internationally recognised best practice programs and changing the lives of thousands of Young Carers around Australia.
Little Dreamers is working to improve the quality of life of Young Carers, with a vision to ensure that every single Young Carer around the world is supported by someone or something by 2030.
As a casual volunteer, you’ll assist with Little Dreamers’ programs and events on a casual basis. Casual volunteering opportunities throughout the year include:
- Holiday Programs
- Family Days
- Office assistance
Holiday Programs runs every school holidays, giving Young Carers the opportunity to engage in a fun day out and simply be a kid for the day. We incorporate workshops, arts and crafts, exercise, dance, drama and music. We also host a number of excursions to exciting locations, from theme parks to local Zoos and Museums!
At our Young Carer retreats, you’ll take on a Team Leader role, working closely with a small group of Young Carers and Little Dreamers staff over the course of 3 days. Our retreats are fun and empowering, focused on exploring who our Carers are outside of their caring role and making meaningful connections.
From time to time, we also run events including Trivia Nights, Gala dinners and Young Carer Festivals. We love volunteers to attend and help facilitate these events.
As a volunteer, your role at our Holiday Programs and other events will involve getting to hang out with our amazing Young Carers, whilst experiencing fun activities (think waterslides, wildlife parks, museums and more). You will assist the Little Dreamers staff in the organisation of attendees throughout the day, help facilitate games and activities and with general tasks such as the set-up and clean-up for the Holiday Program or event.
- This is an ongoing volunteer position
- You will be placed on our database and contacted when we have Holiday Programs and other events running
- Please note, if you are working full time, many workplaces will offer volunteering leave with enough notice
The following are required to be successful for this role:
- Interview with a Little Dreamers staff member
- Attend a Little Dreamers induction
- Take part in ongoing Little Dreamers training
- Obtain a Working with Children Check and complete a Police Check
- Maintain regular contact with Little Dreamers staff, as well as your allocated Young Carers
Key Selection Criteria
Who are we looking for?
- Fun, energetic and caring individuals!
- Desire to make a difference: Volunteers should care about making an impact to the lives of Young Carers.
- Committed: We are looking for reliable and committed volunteers!
- Excellent communication skills: Should be friendly and able to engage with a young person in a non-judgmental and appropriate manner.
- Strong ethics: Volunteers should have an appreciation of ethical issues and can be entrusted to behave appropriately around vulnerable people and seek guidance when unsure.
If you have any questions about this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please complete the form below and we will be in touch with you to discuss your application and the next steps.
This is a volunteer position.