- This event has passed.
Virtual Breakfast with Champions: Disability and Carers
15th October, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 am$5 – $30
Join us for a Carers Week breakfast event like no other! Tune in from the comfort of your own home to hear from four incredible guest speakers, as we chat about disability and carers.
When: Thursday 15 October, 8am-9.30am AEDT (Melbourne and Sydney time).
For attendees in Brisbane, the event will take place at 7am-8.30am AEST (Brisbane time)
Where: Zoom (link will be provided in the lead up to the event)
We’ll be discussing:
- How the disability and caring sectors have fared amidst COVID-19
- Changing attitudes towards disability in today’s society and whether disability inherently equals disadvantage
- The implications of providing care for a family member
- How can we become a more inclusive community
- What’s next – for disability, carers, NDIS, education
Joining our panel of speakers is:
- Zack Alcott | Senior Engagement Consultant, Get Skilled Access | Board Member, Dylan Alcott Foundation
- Nip Wijewickrema | Co-Founder, GG’s Flowers & Hampers | 2016 ACT Young Australian of the Year
- Mel Tran | Product Designer, Hireup
- Madeleine Stewart | Australian Comedian & Inclusion Champion
All event proceeds contribute to sustaining our online support programs for Young Carers during and post-COVID.
$15 – Individual ticket
$30 – Individual ticket plus breakfast gift box delivered to your door to be enjoyed during the event! (**NOW SOLD OUT**)
You also have the option to purchase a raffle ticket with your event ticket, which could win you one of the following prizes:
- Overnight Stay at Crowne Plaza Melbourne valued at $300
- The Body Shop gift hamper valued at $150
- My Little Tribe Photography voucher valued at $450
- Business Chicks Premium Membership valued at $199
- Bottle of wine