Young Carer Advocacy Focus Group Registration (ages 19-24)
March 19 - May 8Free
The Young Carer Advocacy Project is designed to give Young Carers a platform to influence your community and create policy change across Australia.
As a Young Carer aged 15-24, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in a focus group session and contribute to the research and development of a policy report. This report will guide the Australian Government on how Young Carers can be better supported within Australian society.
Find your location and register below for a focus group! Note, these sessions are specifically for ages 19-24. If you’re aged between 15-18, register for a focus group here.
Eligibility for the program:
- Aged 19 – 24
- Currently residing in Australia
- Experience (past or present) as a Young Carer
- Willingness to share your story and your caring role with others
Some of the benefits of being involved:
- Use your voice to advocate for young people in caring roles
- Build a network of people with similar lived experiences
- Increase your knowledge of the Carer space in Australia and how you can best navigate it
- Contribute to policy change for Young Carers in Australia
Once registered, we’ll send you full details of the time and location of the focus group. If you can’t make an in-person location, we will also be conducting online focus groups (dates below).