- This event has passed.
Young Carer Advocacy Focus Group Registration (ages 19-24)
10th March, 2021 - 30th May, 2021Free
The Young Carer Advocacy Project is designed to give Young Carers a platform to influence your community and create policy change across Australia.
As a Young Carer aged 15-24, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in a focus group session and contribute to the research and development of a policy report. This report will guide the Australian Government on how Young Carers can be better supported within Australian society.
Find your location and register below for a focus group! Note, these sessions are specifically for ages 19-24. If you’re aged between 15-18, register for a focus group here.
Eligibility for the program:
- Aged 19 – 24
- Currently residing in Australia
- Experience (past or present) as a Young Carer
- Willingness to share your story and your caring role with others
Some of the benefits of being involved:
- Use your voice to advocate for young people in caring roles
- Build a network of people with similar lived experiences
- Increase your knowledge of the Carer space in Australia and how you can best navigate it
- Contribute to policy change for Young Carers in Australia
Once registered, we’ll send you the full details and confirmation of the focus group. If you can’t make an in-person location, we will also be conducting online focus groups (dates below).